Wah experts: low voiced wah's?

I have a Big Bad Wah (Joe Satriani signature Vox). However, I find myself only using it with the 'voice' control on, since I find the other options to trebley...
"The Voice switch instantly takes you from traditional wah voicing to a dark, resonant tone reminiscent of a vintage talk box."

Which other Wah's would be a good replacement??

DewieCox

Silver Supporting Member
I've moved on to the RMC10, but the one thing I loved about my Fulltone Clyde Deluxe was that it 3 great sounding instantly accessible wah voicings...the "Whacked" setting had a really cool low growl that worked for all kinds of rock music.

SurfGreenTele

Teese/RMC Wheels of Fire is like that - not too trebly at all, which I like. Has volume, bass, and Q controls. It's definitely better with a little dirt than clean though.

Here are a couple of my quickie clips:

melodiusthunk

Bronzd & Supported Member
Gold Supporting Member
Echo looking into the Wilson offerings. I have two, the Rippah Q wah (throaty and full, great for distorted lead sounds.) and the Regular Q (more like a Vintage sound from the sixties-early seventies, not as thick, more emphasis on treble). Wilson also has other offerings specifically aimed towards those wanting a darker fuller voiced wah.

WillLane

I think this is mostly known but just to be sure, a lot of standard Wahs can have the voice range adjusted internally, easily. At least I think many Crybaby-styled ones can be. Not sure about others.

Trending Topics