WAH help!

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by voetsek, Mar 28, 2008.

1. voetsek

voetsek Member

So i just bought a wah pedal from my friend and it is making me sad. it is a crybaby and works good direct in, or even direct in with some pedals after it. but i hooked some pedals up to my bv150h (crate) through the effects loop and the wah doesn't do anything but dampen the signal when i turn it on, if i turn on my DMM it works (i only chained together my wah, then DMM, then Holy Grail), but the signal comes doesn't come through right. i am really confused, i thought wahs come first, should i put it last? or should i have my effects through the loop but plug my guitar into the wah into the amp? suggestions please!

2. bandofthieves™

bandofthieves™ Member

Do not run the wah in the effects loop. Run it in to the front of the amp.. Have Fun..

3. Scott Auld

Scott Auld Staff Member

What b.o.t. said.

guitar ---> wah ----> overdrives / distortions ---> amp in ---> loop out ---> delays ---> loop in ---> speakers

This is what works for me. You should experiment and find what works best. Generally, put the wah right after the guitar.

I learned this stuff on TGP :)

4. voetsek

voetsek Member

ok thats good to know, thank you guys

5. bandofthieves™

bandofthieves™ Member

:AOK welcome 2 TGP