wah lube

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by 56_Special, Jun 6, 2006.

1. 56_Special

56_Special Member

I dragged the ol' Crybaby from under the bed the other day and blew off the dust bunnies. It still works but the pot is stiff and squeaks. The old lube looks like some tan grease. Any tips on how to get it back into tip top shape?

Thanks!

Martin

2. James

James Member

Hi!

I had the same problem with my Vox RI wah recently and axed the same question on another forum.

The answer is LubriMatic White Lithium Grease, which can be found at your local hardware store (I got mine at Home Depot.)

I used a small amount on mine and now have enough to last me 2047 wah-wah years. Any TGP members in Boston who need some, feel free to stop by...

3. gulliver

gulliver Member

+1 - it's one of those products that everyone should have around the house. Most people use WD-40 for jobs they should use this stuff for. Any job where you don't need deep penetration, but do need a heavy lube that will stay on for a long time. (like a car door).

No smart remarks, please. :)

4. 56_Special

56_Special Member

Thanks for the replies! That's what I love this place for. There's always some one who has the needed info.

Martin

5. brian marshall

brian marshall Member

WD-40 is some of the nastiest stuff out there. I have seen people use it on electrical equipment, and have it catch on fire. WD-40 is a dirt magnet. the only thing it is really good for is getting old rusty bolts off of engine parts. I wouldnt use it in anything electronic, or anything you want to stay clean.

I am actually kind of dissappointed there havent been any smart remarks yet.

6. afterburner

afterburner Supporting Member

drat! I just bought some WD-40 to use on some parts. Guess I should've known better...

I also used white lithium grease on my wah and it definitely stopped the squeaking :)

7. jonny guitar

jonny guitar Member

use it on your razor after shaving...keeps them blades sharp 2-3 times as long by stopping any oxidation...seriously.

8. afterburner

afterburner Supporting Member

no way! hahaha I must try that sometime... thanks!

on another note, anyone know of a good contact cleaner to use on the electronics in a guitar/amp...?

9. gulliver

gulliver Member

Deox-it is the industry standard for cleaning jacks and pots.

10. RL in Fla

RL in Fla Member

Ditto I quit using WD years ago when I had a boat and fished 75% saltwater , if anything the crap attracts rust . CRC Marine formula 66 is the stuff .