Wah pedal used WITH Envelope Filter...

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by Suarkttam, Mar 6, 2019.

1. Suarkttam

Suarkttam Silver Supporting Member Supporting Member

This may be a well known combination to some, but I have recently discovered this incredible stack. The sharpness of the attack at the low end of the wah, and even more rapid transition to the more treble tone at the other end of the wah when used in conjunction with an envelope filter is so dynamic. (In my case, I'm using the MC404 CAE Wah with the Mu-Tron Micro-Tron III). You can practically live in the middle portion of the sweep of the wah, and just use the extreme ends for emphasis.

It's obviously a little harder to tame than either pedal on their own...and I stay on my strats neck pickup almost entirely as the bridge pickup simply has too much high end to deal with the second half of the sweep of the wah.

Anyone else use this combination?

2. atk1

atk1 Supporting Member

That's alotta wah!

3. Javiceres

Javiceres Member

I
    That's the kind of idea that I like, I'd try it if I had a wah. I think a bit of compression (specially multi-band comp like the tc Gravity) after those 2 fx could really round the creation :)

4. placebo62

placebo62 Supporting Member

I want to hear it!

5. Felipe Uchida

Felipe Uchida Member

Looks like somebody wants to unlock the hipbone devil

Riffa likes this.