Wah switch replacement HELP NEEDED!

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by iggs, Feb 5, 2008.

1. iggs

iggs Member

Hey all,

I need to replace a switch in my Fulltone Clyde Deluxe, but the one inside is different then the new blue Fulltone 3PDT. Please help. THANKS!!!

[​IMG]

2. stinkfoot

stinkfoot Member

That's a Carling 316PP - available from Small Bear, among others. If you already have a 3PDT you want to use, orient the switch horizontally (so the holes in the soldering lugs line up from left to right, with the wah placed the same way as in the pic). Two of the three rows (left to right) correspond to the two rows on the existing switch. Don't forget to label each wire before you desolder anything - it can be a real PITA trying to remember which one went where...

/Andreas

3. iggs

iggs Member

Thanks.

Question: since that's a DPDT switch and the pedal has a LED ... how's that connected for true-bypass? I thought one needed a 3PDT switch?

Is the LED connected else in the circuit?

4. stinkfoot

stinkfoot Member

You need two poles to do the audio part, and often it is easiest to use a third pole to switch the LED. But you could also use some other way to turn the LED on/off, to let you get away with the DPDT - the Millennium bypass is one such method. I don't know how this pedal is wired, though, but I'd assume it's some sort of variant on that theme.

/Andreas

5. jonathansuhr

jonathansuhr Member

Im pretty sure the Fulltone 3PDTs are black.

That switch is a DPDT, and yes the wiring appears to be making the millenium bypass system.

6. booj

booj Member

ohm the 3pdt to find where the switch action is and ignore one of the switches