Wah users, Left or right foot

majorledhead

Supporting Member
Righthanded guitarists, When using a wah which foot do you use? On my Fulltone Clyde Deluxe the on/off led is on the right side so if you use your left foot you can see if its on or off. If you use your right foot your s.o.l..Now with the imput on the right, it puts the wah on the far right of the pedal board, which if you have a mic centered on the board makes playing with your left foot difficult. I thinks I want a lefthanded wah. I think all pedals are ass backwards now that I think about it, but then I digress.:jo

mojoslide

I don't know about anyone else, but I'm righthanded and vastly prefer to use my right foot to wah. In fact, I can't wah with my left foot very well at all. I'm pretty "left-challenged" I guess. I need my wah on the extreme right of my board (of course I have a pedaltrain junior so it's small anyway).

iggs

Left foot ... can't use the right because my guitar hangs pretty low and the body is in the way. My wah sits on the far left of my pedalboard for that reason ... some extra cabling is not an issue when compared to ease of wah use on stage.

yorick

I don't know about anyone else, but I'm righthanded and vastly prefer to use my right foot to wah. In fact, I can't wah with my left foot very well at all. I'm pretty "left-challenged" I guess. I need my wah on the extreme right of my board (of course I have a pedaltrain junior so it's small anyway).

+1...I can't even tap on an effect with my left foot :jo

planetal

I'm right handed, but I can wah with either foot.. (ambiwahrous?). I might be a tiny bit more expressive with my left, but not by much.

boldaslove1977

Silver Supporting Member
funny... i played soccer in college and was better than i really should have been because i could use both feet equally.

but when it comes to a wah pedal... it's gotta be the right foot. i can barely turn the thing on with my left foot.

and don't even get me started about trying to hit a looper with the left...

John Phillips

Either/both. While guitar wahs generally sound best at the start of the chain and so tend to be on the right of the pedalboard, bass wahs sound better near the end, so end up being on the left of the pedalboard. I play both, so I've just got used to being able to do it either way.

I am relatively ambidextrous though, so maybe it's the same with my feet...

betterdays

I can use my left, but only if I kick it on with my right foot. If I try to turn it on with my left foot, I fall over.

Frenster

Put your Rock Face on!
Left handed, but play righty...wah and volume on right. I can't do anything with my left foot but dance badly.

Trending Topics