• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

Wah with built-in boost. Any tips?

jazzfromhell

Just like it says...Im looking for a good throaty, warm wah pedal that just boosts the signal a little, either with the boost "already built in" so when I turn it on I get wah+little bit of added gain OR like the Dimebag wah with a boost button on the side of the chassi.

Any recommendations on which ones to try would be greatly appreciated :)

fishtankdork

zvex wah probe. you will never hear the squeakyness of the pedal going back and forth. the wah sounds ammmmazing, and it has a zvex sho built into it for that sweet transparent boost

cwcashiniv

If you're working on a budget, check out the Crybaby 535Q wah. Has 5 presets for slightly different voicings to the wah, a Q knob, a Sweep Range knob, and a +15dB boost. Worked well for me when I had a wah...

Valve

If you can get past the name, I've been pleasantly surprised by the Ibanez Weeping Demon. It has an output level control which I figure can give at least somewhat of a boost, and several other tweakable features both for the sound and the treadle action. I got a used one for fairly cheap.

Ronsonic

Dunlop 535Q. Built in switchable, adjustable boost. Multiple wah voicings. Decent buffer. LEDs. What's not to like.

jazzfromhell

mesa/boogieman said:
Dunlop Dimebag Wah actually works very well.
Haha, my ooooooold thread resurrected! What's really funny is that I actually got the Dime wah a couple of weeks ago :) Very cool and tweakable, certainly good enough for me.
Hey, thanks for the spot-on tip! ;)

Stratm69

This is a no-brainer you guys, and I can't believe nobody has mentioned it...

Get the Teese RMC1.

Top Bottom