waiting is Tough

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by Audioholic, Jul 31, 2008.

1. Audioholic

Audioholic Member

I have bought most of my guitar and amp stuff from bigger manufacturers and stores where they were already done. But in the last go-round of rig reinventing, I went with smaller companies where there is a wait.

I have recieved my amp and accesories and processors, and now waiting on my cab to be finished. Without naming manufactures, its been tough to wait this long for gear. Being told 10 weeks, which turns into months and still no finished product. I understand about smaller companies working hard and taking longer to full-fill orders.

Long story short, I am not sure if I will buy something I have to wait a really long time for (months), ever again. It was hard to keep the funds secure, one month having enough, the next not enough, and when time to pay up, months later, who knew if the funds would be there (my income fluctuates). And also unaccurate build times, saying one time that seemed not so bad, and in reality taking much longer.

I think buying and waiting for gear (even if its not really custom, just smaller production companies) takes a certain kind of patient person, one which I discovered is not me :jo

I know the short answer is, its worth it (assuming the gear is worth it) So next time its buying used and or finished gear. Just my rant on waiting.

2. timeforheroes

timeforheroes Member

did you start building your rig from the ground up? that is always pretty tough cause thre isnt anthing to keep you busy.

now, if you have your rig all set up and you order a pedal that has a 3 month wait...that isnt so bad(IMO)

3. SatelliteAmps

SatelliteAmps Member

10 weeks is a long time for an order to be filled. Have you (politely) asked about the delay? Have they given you an answer, or any kind of an update? It's not a bad thing to ask a company, even a small one, about delays and to bring up time issues.

4. shngn7

shngn7 Member

I feel you man. I finally scraped up the money and just ordered my dream amp and have to wait 3-4 months for it to be built...I hope I will never have to wait this long for anything again. It's tough!

5. Audioholic

Audioholic Member

10 weeks was the quoted time, its been long past that, and yeah, have been in polite occassional contact to see where things are. I am noticing its hard to get a real accurate time with smaller companies.

I had a backup rig, and sold off my main one in anticipation, but it was tough to play out repeatedly for months without your main setup, and a smaller backup. I was ampless for a little while using the fractal audio Axe-FX direct as my only amp for a bit too, eventually got my amp situation worked out, now just waiting on my new cab, and stuck lugging a 4x12 around till my 2x12 comes.

All is good, just venting a little about mis quoted build times and the lack of patience on my part. Like I said, I think it takes a certain patient person to wait for build times, and in the future I will try to avoid a wait like the plague. haha.