waiting protocal?

Discussion in 'The Small Company Luthiers' started by neastguy, Jan 28, 2006.

1. neastguy

neastguy Supporting Member

I have a suhr on order? is it wrong to email ed or John for the status (like they dont have enough to do)? or do you just sit tight and wait..

2. tfire

tfire Member

I leave it to my dealer to keep me updated when he's able to based on the updates he gets on behalf of several customers. I don't think me bugging Ed & John will get my guitar built any faster.

3. enharmonic

enharmonic Old Growth Gold Supporting Member

When I have one in the pipeline, I don't feel that once evry 6-8 weeks is too much. I contacted Kelly Butler a bit more often than that, but that's because I was having different pup's made for the instrument, and needed to keep in touch. even then, it was maybe once every 4-6 weeks.

4. matte

matte Senior Member

Your contract/agreement is with the dealer (who is representing the builder, in this case Suhr Guitars). Therefore, all questions are to be directed to the dealer.

5. neastguy

neastguy Supporting Member

yep, I'm not going to contact them on my own... I was just curious if others do... I can see that getting really annoying for the builders...especially if the dealer contacts them and then the actual buyer of the guitar...

6. matte

matte Senior Member

Your concern is gracious and it will take you far in this world. It stands in stark contrast to so many entitlement based customers that feel they own the builder. If your dealer does a lot of business with Suhr, they will be kept in the loop. Having had 2 guitars built by Suhr, I can tell you this. You are in for an exceptional instrument.

7. matt5150

matt5150 Either U Know Or U Don't Supporting Member

+1. I would contact the dealer.

Although I am sure after dealing with him for several years that Ed wouldn't mind an e-mail.

Matt V.

8. Karmateria

Karmateria Member

I've heard stories about guys like Dumble... that the more you bothered him longer it took and the higher the final bill was. Don't know if that's true but it sure makes for folk legend.

I can understand if a builder is swamped, that he wouldn't want to waste time on the phone giving "updates" it's unfair to them, and to all the customers too.

9. AJ Love

AJ Love Senior Member

(cue Tom Petty) "the way-ayy-ting is the hardest part"