Walrus Audio Iron Horse vs JHS Angry Charlie

omfg51

I currently own the Angry Charlie V2, and it's a great high gain Marshall-esque distortion, but I'm not sure that's exactly what I need. I find the gain sweep isn't quite gradual enough, and it's just got too much gain on tap. I'm also not necessarily stoked on the Marshall brown sound, it's a great tone historically speaking, but maybe just not the sound for me.

How does the Iron Horse compare? I know it's got more versatility with the switch, but how does the gain knob function in terms of gradual gain increase?

Any and all information greatly appreciated!

KoskineN

Silver Supporting Member
I didn't compare both, but I used to own an Iron Horse. From memories, it has a lot of gain, and I don't think that you will find the gradual gain increase that you are looking for in this pedal. It is a great pedal though.

the_rising

Gold Supporting Member
Iron Horse, if I recall, may be Rat-like in tone (if not based on the circuit altogether).

Kev O)))

The Iron Horse is a great pedal but its loosely based on the LM308 Rat pedal with Keeley mods. Not quite Marshall like but still a great pedal with a lot of volume on tap.

Trending Topics