Walter Trout - that's exactly what I needed

I am currently in a mood to explore good, hard blues (not for any personal circumstances - my life is absolutely fine right now, but I just want some cranked up blues). I like Gary Moore, Joe Bonamassa and stacks of other players, but now and I then I don't want to hear anything fancy - just a guitar with a healthy amount of gain and some basic tunes played well. I picked up a couple of Walter Trout albums (Blues for the Modern Daze and We're All In This Together) and they really hit the spot. I dig his voice, and he plays a Strat loud enough to make it interesting for me. I reckon I'll be grabbing a few more albums over the next few weeks (or days).

[The funny thing is that Trout's tune with Bonamassa ("We're All In This Together") is exactly what I'm after. Joe should do a bit more of that!]

Anyone else here dig the Troutmeister? Or is he a bit too loud and rocky for the tan pants brigade?

I like what I've heard, although never checked out his stuff in-depth. I'll give those albums you recommended a try.

stratjim

I saw Walter years ago before he got sick and he just killed. His tone was perfect, his band was right with him, the drummer was awesome. Going to see him with Samantha Fish this summer at Copper Mtn Guitar Town. Should be great.

ellis dee

i vaguely remember seeing him play in the garage on the 4 th of july in huntington beach, or down the street at perq's. the galaxy theater on new years eve.

its a little bit over the top for me, but some times you just have to get it out.

2Badde

I found Walter about a decade ago when searching for hard blues rock. His style grabbed me from the start. That search also brought me (over the next few years) Dirty Dave Osti, Buddaheads, David Grissom, Michael Katon, Radio Moscow, Wes Jeans, Wo Fat... many great bands and guitar players keeping the faith and breathing new fire.

G&L guy

Saw Walter about 6 months ago with Eric Gales. The man is great and so is his band. I highly recommend picking up the live at Amsterdam cd. great stuff.

Average Joe

He used to come through here all the time in the late 80s-early 90s. Always put on a hell of a show. Fantastic, ferocious playing.

Never felt his albums caught that energy, except the old live thing with Red House on it

Trending Topics