Wampler Belle Overdrive

jamme61

The Toxic State
Silver Supporting Member
I would get one these Nordland ODR-C It's killer. I have the orginal ODR-1 and the mini odr1 too.https://nordland-electronics.de/en/products/odr-c.html

axman53

The sweetwater demo didn't sound very good, tbh, though they typically don't (sorry!).
The Sweetwater demo was done primarily with a Fender Tone Master amp, so I'm giving the Belle the benefit of the doubt that it will do what I'm after through my Revv D20. Just ordered mine today. We'll see...

axman53

The Sweetwater demo was done primarily with a Fender Tone Master amp, so I'm giving the Belle the benefit of the doubt that it will do what I'm after through my Revv D20. Just ordered mine today. We'll see...
Further on this, I'm looking at the Belle to possibly replace my Greer Lightspeed for low gain tones. The Lightspeed will be tough to kick off my board, but if I can get a great low gain tone with some additional tone shaping thrown in, I'd be ok with that.

ruger9

Silver Supporting Member
I was interested in the ODR-C, but balked at the price. The Wampler video sounds great, just ordered one.

It'll be "going up against" a Rockett Blue Note, my all-time favorite low/mid gain OD. I actually own TWO, so it might replace ONE of them. Just a different flavor of "transparent."

I remember a shootout I did years ago, that the Blue Note won: it was the BN vs Timmy vs Barber LTD-SR vs Keeley BD2 vs ODR-1.

The Timmy was the finalist vs the BN, in the end. I really liked the ODR-1, but really felt I needed control of that bass it's got.

Tmidiman

ODR-1 is amazing. I’m kind of glad it doesn’t get too much attention, as the used price has been great! With that in mind, while the BelLe looks interesting I’ll be more into in the used price next year.

Last edited:

jim lavender

Hey everybody. My Wampler came in this a.m. And I spent about twenty minutes comparing It my my Chicken Soup. Thus far, I found the Wampler to be more versatile via the bass roll off and compression button. It seems to have more clarity and articulation especially when I switch to the neck position of my tele.The Chicken Soup is still warm and awesome with the tele bridge but overall the Wampler can cover this and more. with regards to level of gain on board, I would say they are about the same. I'd still love to try the Nordland at some point but for half the price, the Wampler will scratch my Nobels itch for now.

ruger9

Silver Supporting Member
If the Nobels is still in production from the original creator, how come people aren’t upset by this cloning compared to others? I never understand how stuff like this isn’t a double standard

I can't speak for everyone, but the Nobels doesn't have a "compression switch" or dual tone controls, therefore it is not strictly a clone.

Unless you're talking about the Nordland ODR-C, which again, isn't the same as the ODR-1 or the Belle, so again- not strictly a clone.

If you're going to call something a clone, it has to be a CLONE- in every function. otherwise, it's "inspired by". This isn't copyright court ("I Want a new Drug" and "Ghostbusters" are NOT the same song, even tho the court found them close enough to divvy up the rights due to the latter being a little too "inspired by" the former.)

dpgreek

Gold Supporting Member
very interested as I've been looking for a good medium gain OD to hit clean. Already got a Timmy, but use more as a boost. Really digging Brian's smaller pedals. I tried the mini OD-1 and hated that the bass was just always there. No way to control.

ruger9

Silver Supporting Member
very interested as I've been looking for a good medium gain OD to hit clean. Already got a Timmy, but use more as a boost. Really digging Brian's smaller pedals. I tried the mini OD-1 and hated that the bass was just always there. No way to control.

Yes, I've had OD pedals that got that "right" (no bass control, but not needed), but I can count them on one hand.

stilesg57

I’ve never gotten TS circuits to work for me for overdrive (and I’ve tried so damn many) even though I love how other players can make them sound, so I’ve been on the lookout for a different take on overdrive for a long while.

I was looking at the ODR-1 circuit since the Nobels mini version came out last year and just might look into it a little harder now...

Oof, if I paid money to have my pedal demoed by a professional and they played it through a ToneMaster amp the whole time... well, I would want my money back to say the least.

Sure, it's not a cheap-o solid state/digital amp... but an overdrive pedal practically needs to be run through a decent tube amp to really hear how it's supposed to sound. IME, an overdrive pedal really comes into its own when it is accompanied by the slight breakup/compression/reaction of the amp's tubes being pushed.

Teleman76

Tubes-a-glowin
Silver Supporting Member
I’ve never gotten TS circuits to work for me for overdrive (and I’ve tried so damn many) even though I love how other players can make them sound, so I’ve been on the lookout for a different take on overdrive for a long while.

I was looking at the ODR-1 circuit since the Nobels mini version came out last year and just might look into it a little harder now...
You should give it a go. The ODR-1 circuit is not like a TS at all. Frequency response it very different. Brain Wampler has a new video showing this along with the Belle.

WailinGuy

I just ordered a Belle from Sweetwater. I'm curious to see how it compares with my favorite ODs (for many years now): Barber unLimiTeD and Barber LTD SR.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom