Wampler Black 65 as a fuzzy overdrive?

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by radiohead625, Feb 5, 2012.

1. radiohead625

radiohead625 Member

This thing sounds amazing on the proguitarshop.com website. I particularly like the higher gain portion of the demo. It sounds like it would be an awesome fuzzy overdrive. Do you guys think the Black 65 is well suited for a possibly always on fuzzy overdrive? How does it interact with a vox, though i'm most likely switching to fender?

2. dshobe

dshobe Rocky Mountain Way Silver Supporting Member

I run mine into a PRRI. Sounds friggin fantastic! I don't think fuzzy is the right description for it. I run mine at 18v so that could be the difference. On the low gain side, gain maxed it can sound a little fuzzy i guess. It's a fantastic pedal that can be a clean boost all the way to a medium-high od. I haven't tried it with a Vox, but it's the shizz in front of a Fender.

3. dlc1953

dlc1953 Member

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HBtW-H_grss&feature=related Well if you listen to the opening with the CSNY lick's you hear that fuzzy texture you can get.Bass up and gain. Alway's on I don't know. But got mine the other day[again] man it makes my BFT so complete.Has that deep rich saggy bass to it and gives a lot of depth in tone to the Dirt channel. Freakin love it!

4. radiohead625

radiohead625 Member

5. spayne99

spayne99 Member

$200 is alot but man I want this pedal. I'll have to make do with my OCD in front of my PRRI for now. Does Wampler ever have a sale on their website?

6. radiohead625

radiohead625 Member

7. dshobe

dshobe Rocky Mountain Way Silver Supporting Member

It's worth it! I traded a POD XT Live for mine, and have never regretted it. Never heard of a Wampler sale. That'd be great!

8. mc2

mc2 Member

You could hold out for a proguitarshop special. sign up for their emails and every now and then they give 10-20% off or some deal like that.

9. natmiss

natmiss Member

I always wait for the proguitarshop specials. Got my Wampler plexi-drive for 20% off