Wampler Dracarys

Bentayuk

Silver Supporting Member
Anyone played one?

I like Wampler pedals, and want to try a high gain metal pedal into my Fender HRD.

I've played other brands like Amptweaker etc.... so I'm not interested in other recommendations, just this model please.

Last edited:

webs

Silver Supporting Member
It sounds pretty good, it's definitely a high gain metal pedal. Depends on what voicing you want, though. To me it felt like a typical MIAB with extra gain, which is legitimate but (seeing as you already have a crunch box) may not be different enough from what you already have to be an ideal choice.

s3gle

I've looked at that one from his lineup myself, and the only real reason I haven't gone out for one more gain stage in the metal build is tube compression + tweed sometimes can't be recovered with that much comping and reamping.

With a HRD, I would consider how much amp push/amp gain I'm willing to lose to the new pedal's grind and or volume bump. Another reason is 4 drives often won't jive with volume stacking because they all tend to have way too much output for me when I want to use them in chain with some other stuff. True tweed is p similiar to some early Marshall builds, even if it's not a Bassman, and it's mostly the output and cabs that make it harder to notice. One other thing I've come across, is the more like you stack with like, say MIAB, Tweed Pre's, Baxandall/English, the more the pots only swish mud at any point in the path. I get around this by putting brighter stuff first, then the darker Tweeds/English last

I bet this pedal could work but IDK if I will like it in the loop, most likely turned down alot so eh. Still circling

Batch

Silver Supporting Member
I had it in the effects loop of a HRD... it worked well for higher gain stuff... I did not use it with the amp gain, however. Only goosed it with a FD2

Bentayuk

Silver Supporting Member
I've looked at that one from his lineup myself, and the only real reason I haven't gone out for one more gain stage in the metal build is tube compression + tweed sometimes can't be recovered with that much comping and reamping.

With a HRD, I would consider how much amp push/amp gain I'm willing to lose to the new pedal's grind and or volume bump. Another reason is 4 drives often won't jive with volume stacking because they all tend to have way too much output for me when I want to use them in chain with some other stuff. True tweed is p similiar to some early Marshall builds, even if it's not a Bassman, and it's mostly the output and cabs that make it harder to notice. One other thing I've come across, is the more like you stack with like, say MIAB, Tweed Pre's, Baxandall/English, the more the pots only swish mud at any point in the path. I get around this by putting brighter stuff first, then the darker Tweeds/English last

I bet this pedal could work but IDK if I will like it in the loop, most likely turned down alot so eh. Still circling
I won't be using it in the loop. I'll be going into the clean channel. I've found this preferable with nearly all high gain pedals and the HRD.

chrisbr

Had it for like a week. Didn't liked it and returned it. First of all it was super bright. Didn't have the thick distortion I wanted (it sounded like really high gain crunch to me). And it was making weird noises not the ones you normally hear with high gain. I could almost hear patterns in the noise.

Iplaypoorly

I just bought a dracarys to test out and I think it sounds pretty bad. Buzzy and fizzy but dull at the same time. Like angry bees under a blanket. It’s very scooped also and the tight switch just makes it quieter. not sure what I expected from it but this ain’t it.
Really not impressed with it so far, I think it’s going back.

Daytona57

I had the Pinnacle Deluxe V1 and SLOstortion. They were ok at lower volumes but I didn't like them at band volume. The videos sound great but I could not replicate the tones.

The other guitarist used a Pinnacle at rehearsal, it did not cut and he never brought it again. He was playing a HRD.

YMMV

Trending Topics