Wampler Euphoria opinions

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by drabombs, Apr 17, 2015.

1. drabombs

drabombs Member

Best Dumble style pedal for the money?

I'm looking to buy it or some other pedal as a gift for my dad for his birthday and wanted to know what the TGP verdict is. He's really into Mayer, Clapton, SRV and the Allmans among other artists.

Please chime in, thanks a lot.

2. mysterious1s

mysterious1s Member

3. ELmiguel

ELmiguel Member

Simble pedal by Mad Professor. There are youtube videos. It cleans up better than a Zendrive and sounds good with a Strat or a guitar with humbuckers. I owned a Euphoria for a while, but thought it was too compressed. It really messed with my picking dynamics.

Last edited: Apr 17, 2015
  4. pinkfloyd

pinkfloyd Member

I don't play many Dumble pedals but imo, Euphoria is a very versatile pedal. Really love it for blues/fusion tone.

5. Memphistokid

Memphistokid Member

Hermida Audio Zendrive and Euphoria. Have both. Love both. Zendrive seems to cut thru better at gig volumes but the Euphoria has more body to it and I use it more as a "fuller" sounding Dumble sound. With the Wampler, I'm striving to get the modern Santana sound. The guitar tone on Santana's Victory is Won is a perfect example of what I'm trying to get....and can almost get there!

6. cbm

cbm Silver Supporting Member

I have a Euphoria, which I like for what it is, but if you're looking for a Dumbley thing, the Simble is a better bet. The Euphoria never struck me as being all that Dumble-like.

7. drabombs

drabombs Member

Thanks for the feedback everybody. Sounds like a good'n

8. BoTheMu

BoTheMu Member

Loved it with my Princeton clone and now love it with my AC30 clone. It's a little dumbley but mostly it's great sounding overdrive - like a smoother high gain Timmy.

9. heyrobscott

heyrobscott Member

It's an incredible drive and extremely versatile, but realize that you should start with the bass all the way off instead of at noon. Bass adds significant fuzz-like gain in addition to low end as you turn it up. First time I tried the pedal, I set everything to noon and gain low and wondered why in the world people called it a transparent drive.

10. Geetarman74

Geetarman74 Member

I had the same experience...set everything at noon and thought everyone must be crazy saying how great this pedal is. Then started adjusting and I got it. I always run it with bass off or very low.

That said...I'm not sure it is the best Dumble-type pedal out there. There are some of those qualities in it, but those are not the tones I go for when I use it.

11. mysterious1s

mysterious1s Member

Yes! Should have mentioned this too. I almost sold mine until I turned the bass knob almost completely off. Then I got it !

12. misisipimike

misisipimike Supporting Member

I use mine with the bass set at zero as well when I crank the gain. Which I find a bit puzzling. I mean, I understand the concept of turning down the bass as you turn up the gain, but I find it unuseable unless the bass is at zero.

13. Dunzie

Dunzie Member

I take this pedal for granted. I really don't consider it in the same vein at all as the Zendrive or Simble or Big Bloom class... it's much less gritty even with the gain up. And yes, I've never intentionally put the bass knob over 1/8th way up... it's just not a good result with my rig.

I've thought about trading it away for something different a few times over the past year, and then it hits me just how much I use it with the band and I can't do it. For what it does, I can't replace it. It's extremely transparent and I find it works great for some of the SRV stuff we do.

14. Mutley

Mutley Supporting Member

I got a pedal from a builder on eBay (yeah, I hear you guys) a month or two ago. I don't remember the builder, but the pedal is called the Zentastik. I've heard the DMBL & Jetter 124 (I think 124 is right) & feel it is as good as those. Has that spongy bottom. Nice enclosure and seems sturdy enough. Takes a week or two as he makes them as they are ordered. Since then I came across a Menatone 7 knob Howie. It does a great job at the D thing. Pricey, though. PM me if you can't find the Zentastik on eBay.

15. Abandoned

Abandoned Member

It's awesome. Not the perfect dumble tone pedal Cuz it's pretty transparent, but it's amazing. It's a great dumble inspired pedal that works great with single coils

16. misisipimike

misisipimike Supporting Member

I reread the original post. Have you considered the Rockett Blue Note? I don't think it is considered a Dimble style pedal, but for classic rock style blues it is killer.

17. drabombs

drabombs Member

I'll have to check out the blue note