Wampler Faux Tape Echo or Memory Lane Jr.

dankayaker

Both demos make these pedals sound wonderful. Wondering if anyone has tried/owned both and how they compare. Thanks

TheGuildedAge

Both are great. The wampler really bonds well with gain, a little warmer in the repeats.

Diamond has a clearer tone. Nice modulation and degradation of repeats.

kingdavidy2k

following.
Wampler mentioned somewhere on another thread that there is a new delay pedal coming out. Anyone got any news on that? Would that be an updated version of the Faux Tape Echo?

pinkfloyd

Silver Supporting Member
If I wanted specifically to mimic Tape, I'd go El Capistan. But if just wanted a beautiful delay that had no-brainer tap and dotted 8ths, I'd go MLjr
I prefer the tone of the El Cap. The repeat on MLjr is too pristine. The MLjr is a little bit easier to use.

xrcdan

i have both . have 2 boards and they are the delays on each.if i had to pic i'd say the mljr is my preferred delay,like the delay a little more but the wampler has nicer modulation. these are ever so slight.in live situation u couldn't tell the difference.

IndyMead

I have the Wampler FTE but haven't played the Memory Lane Jr. The Wampler sounds freakin awesome as a lead tone thickener and I love its modulation on the trails but its downfall is that it doesn't have subdivisions. If you have a need for those then I would look at the memory lane.

fishlog

Silver Supporting Member
I had both at separate times and unfortunately the mljr was long enough ago that the only thing I can really remember about it was that it was uninspiring.

The wampler I had up until late fall of last year. Very musical but still lacked that "it"quality.

If I had to do it all over again and could only choose between those two I'd probably go the wampler route again. There was an attraction to it. Something I couldn't grasp about it. But still something not perfect about it.

TheGuildedAge

Interestingly enough, I liked the Wampler Fuax Tape Echo better than the El Capistan.

I'm not a Strymon fan though. Nothing they make has blown me away, especially for the price.

Trending Topics