Wampler Hot Wired users, are you using any other gain pedal with it???

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by johann, Mar 1, 2012.

1. johann

johann Member

Title says it all...

Any other pedal for stacking??? boosting???

2. benderman

benderman Member

Using the Keeley TS 9 Mod Plus with the Hotwired they stack pretty well together.It get's really thick and fat.

3. GuitarPlaynTaylor

GuitarPlaynTaylor Member

Don't see why you would need to stack anything else with the hotwired... its already so fat sounding plus the bass boost on both channels, and you can stack the channels together. When I was using one I never touched the timmy or the green rhino on my board. It was hot wired all the way!

4. benderman

benderman Member

I don't always use the fat switch on the Hot Wired,I play thru a Twin and it's already pretty fat sounding.

5. gibsonguitar1988

gibsonguitar1988 Member

I don't usually stack with the Hot Wired other than it's own two channels. :) That said, I LOVE the pedal.

6. johann

johann Member

not even a clean booster with it???

7. lux_interior

lux_interior Member

Why do you think that you need to stack something with it? What sound are you trying to achieve exactly, and what is your setup as far as guitar and amp are concerned?

8. johann

johann Member

a little more high gain.

I use a fender deluxe reverb

9. lux_interior

lux_interior Member

Sorry, for some weird reason I didn't see your signature. So you are not satisfied with the amount of gain that it provides? Even after using both channels simultaneously? I personally didn't get one because I thought it had too much gain with humbuckers... In any case, a simple clean boost or TS-style pedal in front will do - no need at all to go super boutique for something as simple as this.

10. gibsonguitar1988

gibsonguitar1988 Member

Yeah - a solo boost. But no overdrives. I never understood the whole stacking overdrives/distortions thing and building the gain. Find one pedal you will use for all of the dirt, and then for leads add in a compressor with the level high/compression low, a clean boost, or an OD with the gain all the way off (TS or Blues Driver works great) and level high.

That's why I have so many dirts on my board because I don't stack. I tailor each pedal to a few songs and use that one pedal for all the dirt (I use clean amps), and then a clean booster for the solo to match with the one dirt I'm using. I'm sure if I got into or understood stacking then I wouldn't be needing so many but I don't personally like the stacking thing other than just a solo booster.

11. johann

johann Member

12. GuitarPlaynTaylor

GuitarPlaynTaylor Member

yeah I used the hot wired channels stacked together for a super thick sound and an mxr line booster after.I had the OD channel set for a rhythm tone and the dist channel set very low to stack for an EJ/RF type of lead one. and then if I wanted a cleanish solo I would just use the rhythm tone boosted by the line driver.Works like a champ. Bam

13. johann

johann Member

so, for a lead tone you used both channels??

14. screamingduck

screamingduck Member

I have an early version Hot Wired and sometimes I will use either my EP Booster after just either one of the channels (i.e. not stacked) or perhaps my KOT yellow channel which is set to slightly dirty boost and seems to add a bit of note definition to my solos.
    I love my Hot Wired as I only use single coils (Tele, Strats) and it rocks with those type pickups. I also have an old FD2 which I generally seperate from the HW for TS tones but I must admit I have sometimes stacked it with the HW for a huge, thick, creamy lead tone (but you have to be quick to cut the FD2 off cuz it is noise central when the music stops!)

15. screamingduck

screamingduck Member

A quick bump here to ask a question I asked a while back. Does anyone know what each channel of the Hot Wired is based on? I posed this question before and got a somewhat cryptic answer from Agreed (who works for Wampler) as I was under the impression that channle one was TS based and two was Rat based. However, he said that was not the case at all so I was hoping someone else here may have some insight into the makeup of each channel (not that it really matters as I am very happy with the distinct tones of each! :):horse

16. Bullhonky Deluxe

Bullhonky Deluxe Supporting Member

:agree