Wampler Pinnacle vs. Super Plextortion vs. Lovepedal Purple Plexi

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by lizardking, Dec 21, 2009.

1. lizardking

lizardking Supporting Member

Been on the fence for a while trying to decide between these. I know, it's what I like that matters, but I wanted to get some outside opinions that might help, since I can't afford them all!!!

Thanks.

2. foo_3001

foo_3001 Member

Never tried the Pinnacle, but judging by the reviews it gets it seems to be a real good one.

I have the Super Plextortion, and I like it more and more. It´s a really, really good mid-high-gainer and thanks to the EQ, it has worked really well with all kinds of amps I´ve tried it with. Never owned a purple plexi, but having played it a couple of times I chose the super plextortion over it.

3. lizardking

Thanks. I was just wondering how flexible the pinnacle is. For example, could I play Ozzy tunes with it? Or would it just sound like some horrible bastardization of EVH & Zakk W.

Anyone?

4. BrianWampler

BrianWampler Member

it's pretty tweakable... I can get some very Zakkish tones especially with a les paul...
    bw

5. circusinthesky

circusinthesky Member

My Pinnacle arrived today as part of a trade. Really happy with this pedal. It cleans up very well. The distortion is very smooth, but it has a lot of character. I find that I can get a lot of different tones with the Contour and Tone knobs. Contour, in particular, can vary the color of the tone a great deal. With the Contour, you can go from a muddy, fuzz type tone, to a crisp edgy distortion. I noticed that even with the most muddy, fuzzy tone, four, five, and six string chords still held together very well.

While this may be designed to get EVH tones, Black Sabbath IV is hidden within. Just play around with it.

6. lizardking

thanks all (especially bw)...won't know how good it sounds until i run it through my egnater...so i guess i'll just have to pull the trigger, lol....