wampler soverign

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by seanseanhd, Feb 3, 2015.

1. seanseanhd

seanseanhd Member

Anybody using this distortion pedal and is it worth the money

2. omahaaudio

omahaaudio Senior Member

Yes and yes (bearing in mind that I bought mine second hand). It's nice on its own and plays well with others. I particularly like it stacked in front of an MXR FET Driver.

3. superdave2001

superdave2001 Supporting Member

I had one and couldn't get rid of it quick enough. Tones were there, but at a HIGH NOISE cost that I couldn't dial out. Made it unusable for me. Others might have had better luck.

4. grapeshot

grapeshot Member

I have one that I picked up second hand, and it is a great pedal. I think the high noise issue varies from pedal to pedal. I tried a Pinnacle first, which was very very noisy, so I got rid of that. I have no noise issues with my Sovereign, amp is a Vintage Sound 'Vintage 20'. I also have a Paisley Drive that I also like quite a bit.

5. cacibi

cacibi Member

No noise issues with mine either. Find it to have a huge range and versatility. I don't play metal but - if I did, with the boost on and the mids-scooped, I could fake it in a pinch.

6. chance0

chance0 Member

There's better out there, with higher versatility. There was a warbly bottom end on mine, with scratchy highs.