• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

WAMPLER

jlectka

Silver Supporting Member
Yes. Great dirt pedals. Owned several. Most have had great reviews on YouTube. The plexi drive, velvet fuzz, tumnus are "must try" pedals. I haven't tried the higher gain stuff but assume they are great as well.

bastian

Had the Black 65, Tweed 57 and Euphoria. They were all great and fun to a certain degree, an upgrade to what I had before. But they all started to sound "like a pedal" to me and got replaced by something else, what sounded way more authentic to me in my rig. Besides, they have way too much bass.
I'd still recommend them, though.

Buzzard Luck

Don't care for....sorry....nice guy.....but...no thank you~~... Every Wampler pedal I've ever purchased (several, new and at full retail price!) has been a letdown and frustrating. They all 'flubbed out' on the low end, and would spasm into a random 'Squash compression'. Wampler claims this is nice and normal due to 'overly hot pickups'. Sure, blame it on my Gibson,PRS, Ibanez, and Mayones, Whatever, no thank you! (350$ I paid for a Slostortion!)

dmbandtimmy

Yeah buddy. My klon clone of his is one of my favorite pedals. I like it better than my KTR.

I stayed away from his pedals because I remember the days of Harmony central when he first started with modding pedals and he spammed the heck out of that forum. I always pictured his operation as amateur, but that's not the case and his pedals are legit. I'm a fan.

DeVilleDude

I play a strat w Texas Specials into a Deville clean channel. Euphoria is my always on, 'give me more of my amp' pedal, set to 'open' mode. Switch up to 'smooth' and it gives me a dumble-ish zing. Also own a Paisley and Velvet. All 3 are going nowhere, but I can believe the bass question might pose a problem with humbuckers, especially higher outputs.

The Paisley thickens my Tele in a very appealing way, and is Uber adjustable in the mids, so I can cut mids when using my mids-heavy strat. Brian is one of the good guys, I hear too, but I wouldn't use his pedals if they didn't work for me. But they do.

Renardm

Don't know but Brian has a cute wife.
I have the old Analog Echo and it is a great delay. I want to get the new Pinnacle Deluxe next.

amstrtatnut

Don't care for....sorry....nice guy.....but...no thank you~~... Every Wampler pedal I've ever purchased (several, new and at full retail price!) has been a letdown and frustrating. They all 'flubbed out' on the low end, and would spasm into a random 'Squash compression'. Wampler claims this is nice and normal due to 'overly hot pickups'. Sure, blame it on my Gibson,PRS, Ibanez, and Mayones, Whatever, no thank you! (350$ I paid for a Slostortion!)
I cant speak for other models, but the ecstasy/euphoria has a bass cut knob. Starting at 12 oclock is not good IMO.

aisling

Silver Supporting Member
Love my mini ego, want to love my velvet fuzz, just haven't found the sweet spot with it yet, but every demo of it sounds fantastic, so it must be me.

Wolfboy1

Grandpa but...Not Yet Old!
Silver Supporting Member
I'm mixed....they seem more amp dependent than some. They sound great or or a bit sterile depending on my small experience. I thought they detracted from my Mesa but worked very well with Traynor 40watt. Since the Traynor left so did the 2 Wamplers I had. Very well made and very good customer support, definitely worth a shot.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom