• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Wangs amps

Guitarjon

Has anyone heard of Wangs amps? It's an amp company from China and they are built by their small family-run company of about 15 employees. All the amps are made by hand with a lot of care basically but the price tags are attractive!

So I got my HD-15 amp a while ago and I've been enjoying the amp quite a bit. The clean/crunch channel is supposedly based on a Bogner Shive type sound and the drive channel on a Soldano. So the clean channel is nice and bright and with the crunch switch you can push it up to british rock gain levels, quite cool! The drive channel has a very fat distortion character, quite unique! This is also my only amp currently that has 6V6 power tubes. I love my EL84 amps but these 6V6 tubes seem to work well with low-wattage amps also.

The Wangs 2204 amps also look really cool, it's basically a 50w JCM800 clone. I really want to have one of those as I've come to really love my Marshall SC20H Studio JCM800. Has anyone ever tried one of these amps? Just curious about your thoughts...

Of course I made a little demo/review of the HD-15. Just to talk about the features a bit and demonstrate some sounds:

I'd love to know your thoughts! And since it's such a boutique company it would be cool to hear if anyone else here has any experience with these amps...

CanserDYI

Always look forward to your content, Jon. As usual, the licks are underappreciated and the tones are always almost uncoaxable for modern people. You can make some amps I've written off really shine man. Great job.

yeky83

I've been wondering about these amps... but the website is so poorly made with very little info, I can't even start to get into it.

Guitarjon

Always look forward to your content, Jon. As usual, the licks are underappreciated and the tones are always almost uncoaxable for modern people. You can make some amps I've written off really shine man. Great job.
Much appreciated!

I've been wondering about these amps... but the website is so poorly made with very little info, I can't even start to get into it.
The website isn't great, I agree but I would recommend just contacting their contact/salesman. He has great knowledge of the amps and is kind/helpful. The quality of the amps doesn't reflect the quality of the website.

Trending Topics