Wanna hear an Orange Rockerverb 50 Rock??

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by jamison162, Jan 2, 2008.

1. jamison162

jamison162 Member

Rob (of Black Water Rising) posted a thread about their new video over at the Orange Forum and I thought I would share the link. He said all guitar tracks are his beloved RV50 combo (no less). Even though there are Marshalls in the video, the guitar tones are all cranked Orange. Enjoy!

http://www.blackwaterrising.net/

2. jamison162

jamison162 Member

Well, I think it sounds great anyway.

3. voojo

voojo Gold Supporting Member

Hey I think it sounds pretty good too. Shows you it must be the circuitry more than the tubes, seeing as those are 6V6s. I also like the Firebird (Pontiac) at the beginning of the clip!

Those Oranges are pretty sweet amps.

4. kingpinboogie

kingpinboogie Daphne My Girl Silver Supporting Member

GREAT song! Well done!

5. Agramal

Agramal Member

Man I want an Orange RV so bad. :(

6. coxswain

coxswain Member

These Orange amps really do sound great! The Cleans and the high gains deliver. I think it nails the Jerry Cantrell sound. The reverb on these amps is just spectacular. The amp also seems to give off the perfect amount of "sag" when your playing.

Chase

7. bilbal

bilbal Member

Killer. I have never heard of these guys but they have something IMO

8. Mudder

Mudder Member

I don't think Orange gets enough love. They have their own vibe but can pull off all sorts of different music. Great stuff.

9. Free

Free Member

I love that Orange amp in the bush behind the band LOL. Oh... and Oranges do have a really cool midrange overdrive character indeed.

10. jamison162

jamison162 Member

After I got my RV50, I starting doubting my decision. I played some Budda's again and even bought and sold a Shiva. The RV50 is it for me, love the 6V6's, extremely versatile. I've had fun trying different speakers and cabs and am about to order the StoneAge 2x12C I've been wanting.

11. Free

Free Member

The way those 6V6 tubes overdrive with their particular midrange response and compression character is one of the largest factors in the tone equation. 6V6 tubes are IT in most hard rock contexts. Though the RV50 is too high gain for my tastes, one can clearly hear the distinctive midrange produced by that amp.

12. BIGGERSTAFF

BIGGERSTAFF Member

the new Thunderverb clips sound fantastic too. I'd like to have one of each.

13. Mudder

Mudder Member

Even the Tiny Terror with good tubes gives you that Orange tone. I love mine.

14. jamison162

jamison162 Member

Too high gain? Well, with my guitars and speakers, I can't get anywhere near the tones in that video. My RV50 rig is taylored for Classic Rock and it does that brilliantly.

15. Free

Free Member

I haven't played one personally - just going by the video, and the fact that you titled the thread "Wanna hear an Orange Rockerverb 50 Rock?". Maybe the amp is being hit with on OD pedal or maybe that's how it goes down to tape. I don't know.

16. jamison162

jamison162 Member

It's just their style and the downtuning. I was actually surprised when I heard how good it did that style. See, VERY versatile amp. :dude

17. coxswain

coxswain Member

No doubt about it, when I tried that amp out it was with a orange 4x12 and it got retardedly heavy. Gain 9 oclock mids at 11 and :RoCkIn:dude

Chase