Want a Zen Drive? Check this out.

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by Curt, Dec 14, 2005.

1. Curt

Curt Member

2. Lution

Lution Member

amazing. already being discussed somewhat in the pedal emporium.

3. Franklin

Franklin Member

I've wanted one for a while, but can't afford one. Looks like I won't be getting one any time soon.....

4. jlagrassa

jlagrassa Supporting Member

Why not just order one for $150 it would be worth the wait! I believe its a 12 week wait on MusicToyz.com, much better than paying more than double!

5. Dave Orban

Dave Orban Gold Supporting Member

6. Deaj

Deaj Member

The starting bid was $1 with no reserve too! :eek: Instant gratification is expensive stuff.

7. Gotham City Blues

Gotham City Blues Member

Doubtless the recent "outings" in GP and Guitar One had a lot to do with this. I understand the concept of free market, supply-and-demand, etc, but since people are now willing to fork out the price of a Klon to get the Zendrive, wouldn't Alf be justified in raising his asking price? I commend Alf for helping out the players community by keeping his prices more than fair considering what you get for it. A rare commodity in this day and age.

Alf......don't give in to the dark side...........:YinYang

8. olectric

olectric Supporting Member

Wow! I paid MUCH less than that for my Dual Drive from Alf. Must be the holiday fever and the materialistic infection that comes along with it. Or do you think this would have gone for the same price even if the auction didn't end just in time for the pedal to arrive before Christmas?

9. GAT

GAT Gold Supporting Member

Wait until the guy goes to sell it, I'm sure he'll eat a bit of money on this one. :jo

10. Frethog

Frethog Member

Is it 12 weeks now? Sheesh...its been 10 already for me. But if you're right......I get a new Zendrive for X-mas! Woo Hoo!

11. David-R

David-R Supporting Member

I should've sold mine on eBay!

Seriously, I bought a used one a few months ago and just sold it here on the Gear Page for a tad less than what a new one would cost. I have no problem with people selling them for whatever the market will bear, but I just hope people aren't buying them from Alf with the intention of flipping them immediately.

12. HarryJ

HarryJ Member

It really is a sweet pedal. I just got mine last week.

HJ

13. Guinness Lad

Guinness Lad Silver Supporting Member

I'm sure the guy is going to become a much better guitar player now too. What a load of crap. Sorry but all this pedal hype is insane, a year ago it was the OCD, then the Clay Jones, now the Zen Drive give me a break. Carry on, I'm done venting now. :NUTS

14. SteveVHT

SteveVHT Member

Some people are just plain stupid...

15. Don L

Don L Member

+1
    :Spank

16. fjs1962

fjs1962 Silver Supporting Member

Maybe it's because it is one of the original white label Zens? Even still, I think that is nuts, especially since its the same on the inside. But I had someone beg to buy my white label Zen recently, and offered me a lot more than what I paid, although still not as much as the eBay one went for. Thing is, I like mine and don't really plan on selling it...

17. bluescube

bluescube Supporting Member

:horse Hype the Bad Monkey up to $99

18. macula56

macula56 Member

it's a nice pedal. i don't think it's worth $380. i traded mine away a while back and am waiting for the zd2 with the tube in it. and does anybody have clips of the clay jones od? i'd like to see what $700 or so will buy you. jmac

19. Jim Martin

Jim Martin Member

Same with me. Usually I'm buying behind the hype curve; I'm not used to being in front of it!

20. smallbutmighty

smallbutmighty Supporting Member

No, it was a new one w/ the metal faceplate...but I'll bet the "early white-labels" will be fetching the big bucks some day. :rolleyes:

I have a Zen and a Timmy, both of which are fetching crazy prices on the used market, but I will nerver sell either one. I also had a KOT, which I sold a while back for a hefty profit. At least that's a pedal that for all intents and purposes is unavailable new. The first two I just don't get...what the hell is wrong with people?

I guess patience isn't just a virtue...it is a dying virtue. People just want, want, want; and they want it NOW. Gotta keep pushing that pleasure button. I find it annoying.

A