WANT! Compact Cali76 compressor coming.

lifeinsong

These pedal waiting lists always create problems. Companies continue to promote their pedals for many months in advance of the pedal's actual release date. Most never seem to have enough product to fulfill orders and then use the ridiculous excuse of underestimating the product's demand. Here's a novel idea...how about waiting until pedals are actually completed before promising delivery dates.

AceBSpankin

Prince of Ales
Gold Supporting Member
Pre-order=30-60 day wait??
While people who didn't pay in advance, walk in to a store and pick it up off the shelf??

Is there another dealer with Origin pedals in stock?

I have room on my board for the big box and have $375 already invested!!

zosozep7

Platinum Supporting Member
Lol! These Origin Effects are hotter than the surface of the sun! I would be in the same boat as many of you, being frustrated but i got luck and grabbed the Sliderig a few weeks ago from Southern Guitar. Has anyone checked back with them to see if they got anymore in stock?

CBeeper

I ordered mine from Vintage King... A Slide Rig Deluxe. I'll have it today because I missed the FedEx delivery yesterday. Times are tough.

charley

Gold Supporting Member
So, my Cali76 CD arrived via UPS yesterday, direct from Origin. UPS showed up a day early, which means it made it from the UK>CA in 48 hours.

But, UPS would not deliver unless I paid a $38 "brokerage fee" since it was international. This surprised me, as I had already paid the premium from ordering direct from Origin, not a dealer. Anybody else who ordered direct from Origin experience this?

thebigkevdogg

So, my Cali76 CD arrived via UPS yesterday, direct from Origin. UPS showed up a day early, which means it made it from the UK>CA in 48 hours.

But, UPS would not deliver unless I paid a $38 "brokerage fee" since it was international. This surprised me, as I had already paid the premium from ordering direct from Origin, not a dealer. Anybody else who ordered direct from Origin experience this?

Same. @Nimbus didn't have to pay for some reason. Frustrating but oh well.

Loved playing with it a little last night (Cali76-CD). Seems like I'll be able to dial it in really well to keep the pick attack that I love while adding some girth. I'll really put it through it's paces tonight though with my pedal steel rig at a gig. Never found a compressor yet that handles the steel well, hoping this is it.

Clyde Billt

Gold Supporting Member
Spotted these today while wandering around Denmark St.
What's the difference between the compact and the compact deluxe?
Apart from two knobs and 60 quid.

21123040396_3c8689339c_c.jpg

Nimbus

Spotted these today while wandering around Denmark St.
What's the difference between the compact and the compact deluxe?
Apart from two knobs and 60 quid.

Well if you talking the difference between the SlideRIG and SlideRIG Deluxe, I asked Simon from Origin the same question. He gave me the scientific answer and another one for me. Basically for the Dry level knob to work they had to use two blend knobs instead of one. So if you play some slide and you think the SlideRIG is the one you need then you just have to decide how important the Dry level control is to you.

21123040396_3c8689339c_c.jpg

Clyde Billt

Gold Supporting Member
Well if you talking the difference between the SlideRIG and SlideRIG Deluxe, I asked Simon from Origin the same question. He gave me the scientific answer and another one for me. Basically for the Dry level knob to work they had to use two blend knobs instead of one. So if you play some slide and you think the SlideRIG is the one you need then you just have to decide how important the Dry level control is to you.
That sounds intriguing.

AceBSpankin

Prince of Ales
Gold Supporting Member
Anyone care to share their experience with the new compacts??
Some of us paid early and might get one in 30 days, SO..................................
if you guys who already have one,
could talk about yours,
it would be like I kinda' have one also:)

Thanks

YES...aCEbsPANKIN..My experience with compressors before my Compact Deluxe arrived last week was minimal. I have a Rocktron Sacred Fire...I stopped using it because it was too "muddy"...couldnt dial it in... My Bass player uses that now and loves it.....The Compact Deluxe adds girth and magic to single notes and chords... I am running it full time on my board...Mexican Strat...Lace sensors through a Mesa 550+ and a Carr Sportsman and I'm loving it...worth every penny. :) :) :) P.S. I saved up for a year for the large version...lo and behold....by the time I had the $$$$ ...The Compacts were announced...

AceBSpankin

Prince of Ales
Gold Supporting Member
Good news, glad it worked out for you.
Thanks for the review!!
I have room for the big box it was just the price that stopped me from getting one.
Now that I have spent the cash/pre-ordered a Compact Deluxe and I still don't have a pedal.
It makes it even worse waiting:)
I'd like to ask for my cash back and buy the original big box!!
Such real world problems I know.

It's worth the wait...I ordered mine from Vintage King Audio...It took at least 4 weeks to get it... I was getting impatient....I must have ordered early.....You're going to love it :)

shakti

I got my SlideRIG Compact Deluxe last week. Super happy with it. Soft touch switch as well, which I really really like.

I mentioned the buffered bypass earlier. It is a very good buffer, but as I have found with all buffers, I just never really like them in front of OD/dist/fuzz pedals. Not just old school fuzz pedals which like to see a high Z load, but any OD pedal or similar. It adds just a tiny touch of brittleness IMO, but is no worse than any other buffer in this respect. Curiously, compared to the other buffered pedal on my Board (Maxon PH350), the SlideRIG has just a tiny, tiny bit less output in bypass. It's miniscule, and it could well be that the Maxon actually boosts from unity gain, but I thought I'd mention it. I wouldn't let the bypass keep me from buying this pedal, but in a perfect world it would be nice to be able to select true bypass as an option.

Now the Controls on this New CD Version are just great - it takes just a little bit to get the hang of the mixer stage, but once you do there are so many Things you can use this pedal for. I chose the SlideRIG CD because I love that Little Feat slide tone and want to have that available. However, it's not necessarily a sound I will use a lot of the time. Being able to get a subtler single stage compression as well is brilliant and reason enough to get this over the older, large SlideRIG. Finally, having a dry mix means you can even use this as a brilliant clean boost (I like to mix compressed and dry signals even for this), one of the absolute best I've tried. If you've ever tried to nail the sound of chiming Fenders as on Television's Marquee Moon, then look no further.

In fact, the only downside is that with so many available, useful sounds, I somewhat miss having two presets like on the large SlideRIG. Perhaps Origin should make a SlideRIG Compact Ultimate - twice the size of the Compact, but with two sets of controls?

Trending Topics

Top Bottom