Want to connect my PODxt to my new PC

Discussion in 'Recording/Live Sound' started by usc96, Sep 3, 2006.

1. usc96

usc96 Member

I bought a new PC and want to hook up my PODxt. I have downloaded the trial editions of Line 6's gearbox and riffworks onto my computer.

Well here's my question, I've tried connecting with a usb cable and an M Audio midisport uno (midi cable), and got a warning that the drivers could conflict with Windows xp when trying to load the drivers to both. I really don't want to screw up my new computer, and I'm not real computer literate, so even a minor glitch with mess me up.

Any suggestions or thoughts? :jo

Thanks. :RoCkIn

2. Miles

Miles Member

well, I don't know if this is helpful, but I first installed the midisport, and then the podxt software/drivers. If there was a warning, I sadly ignored it, but my computer still works fine, and I'm using windows xp as well.

3. Rich T Fingers

Rich T Fingers Member

+1.

I'm running a Midisport from a Windows XP machine to a POD XT Pro with no trouble whatsoever.

4. marinblues

marinblues Member

Are you running Windows XP Service Pack 2?

5. Crask422

Crask422 Guest

I went through the same thing. Before plugging in the Pod to the computer. Install the USB software. It will tell you to plug in the POD when it is ready. You can download the software from the website. This has to be up and running before you can get riffworks and any of the other periferal software to work.

The computer will take care of any conflicts as long as it has the proper drivers installed prior to you plugging it in. Once you do this and plug the POD in when it tells you to, it should work like a dream.

I actually went through this at home then I moved it to my office, then ultimately I have it hooked up to my laptop. Each time I got anxious and plugged it in with out the drivers installed then had to back up and start over.

Good luck, it should work fine.

6. Rich T Fingers

Rich T Fingers Member

7. marinblues

marinblues Member

The reason I asked is because, I have a problem when using my PODxt Live via USB and my Tascam USB soundcard at the same time.

If you were using Service Pack 1, all devices would have been seen as USB1.

It appears that the Tascam is using the inefficient USB1 standard and hence is sucking too much USB bandwidth so it doesn't allow for the POD to be connected as well.

I think your M-Audio card is a USB1 device as well?

M.

8. Vettavillenl

Vettavillenl Member

Best way to do it is to install Line 6 Monkey (free) and let it install the new drivers that (3.0.0.2) and you'll probably be fine

At the link there's more info on the drivers and Gearbox / Toneport
    http://www.vettaville.nl/vvtoneport.html