Want to rebuild my Crybaby Classic wah

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by MikeVB, Apr 25, 2016.

1. MikeVB

MikeVB Supporting Member

I've got a Crybaby Classic that's about wah'ed out. Actually the pot's scratchy and is very inconsistent in behavior.

I googled but couldn't find much on rebuilding one and sourcing quality parts.

Any and all guidance is much appreciated.

2. jkg

jkg Supporting Member

My wah is my oldest pedal. I have owned for 30 years and it has had it's fair share of beer spilled on it and general abuse. I had the same symptoms you did and sent it to Area 51 to be cleaned up and modded a bit. You can also just order parts from them.

3. Clark GriswoId

Clark GriswoId Supporting Member

4. snow and steel

snow and steel Supporting Member

replace pot and fasel, do a true bypass mod. I would also recommend the voicing, volume fix and more mids mods while you are I there.

Alternately, you can send it to modest mike's mods and he can turn it into a super wah

5. MikeVB

MikeVB Supporting Member

Thanks for the posts guys. I definitely want to do this myself rather than send it off. I've built several pedals and amps.