• TGP is giving away a Strat, Tele, and Jazzmaster. Click Here for full details.
    Click Here to upgrade your account and enter today!

Want to See a 1987 Custom Shop Clapton?

Smakutus

I was going to buy one just like this around the same time but my credit card company was goofed up and wouldn't accept the transaction so I missed out on it. I love the 7Up green colour.

Jeff

cmatthes

Silver Supporting Member
That's my favorite of those models. That is by far the coolest color too, although I don't think I recall seeing EC playing any green ones. Pewter, Torino Red and Black, definitely, but never Green. I recall seeing Andy Fairweather-Low with a few Green Clapton models though.

supergenius365

Silver Supporting Member
That's my favorite of those models. That is by far the coolest color too, although I don't think I recall seeing EC playing any green ones. Pewter, Torino Red and Black, definitely, but never Green. I recall seeing Andy Fairweather-Low with a few Green Clapton models though.

There is a pic out there of Clapton playing a green one. Always thought that was a great color.

guitarfish

Silver Supporting Member
Cool trivia - The Clapton Strat was the first artist sig guitar that Fender CS did.

AaeCee

Silver Supporting Member
Really cool. Love those Clapton strats, the current versions as well. The on-board boost is addictive!

Mike Duncan

Staff member
My dad said if I got into the US Naval Academy he would by me that exact guitar. It's been 20 years and I don't have Clapton! I guess not getting into the Academy may be to blame for that!

I love that guitar!

Bob V

Clapton sold one of his pair of 7-up green strats at the first Crossroads auction; there are pix in the catalog of him playing one.

R13D

My dad said if I got into the US Naval Academy he would by me that exact guitar. It's been 20 years and I don't have Clapton! I guess not getting into the Academy may be to blame for that!

I love that guitar!
But you did "try" right?

Trending Topics