• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

want to see a guy make a vacuum tube?

guitarist58

That was pretty interesting--thanks for posting it. Not sure why I'm sitting up at 1:20am watching it, but interesting nontheless!

I almost missed what was happening with the radio reception part--the piano music was wearing on me so I had turned off the sound :eek:

Lots of specialized machinery... That press/electric charge machine--do you know what it's called?

One point startled me, though. It was so long that toward the end the energy saver turned off my monitor! Thought the guy did something and my power went out. LOL :p

Dr. Tweedbucket

Deluxe model available !!!11

JPF

was that from France or French Canada?
France - he seems to be particularly keen on building 3w valves/tubes based on pre-1925 designs (and techniques, judging from the video!).

http://paillard.claude.free.fr/

Thanks for sharing that - it certainly sheds some light on how skills-dependent making NOS boutique tubes/valves is. Hooray for technological advances in mass-manufacturing of them, otherwise we'd all be waiting a long, long time to keep our amps purring and roaring.

JackD

Platinum Supporting Member
Wow, that was amazing. I wonder why he went to so much trouble to make them. He must not have any Guitar Centers near his house so he has to make his own. Anyway, I'm glad I saw the video. I have the exact same equipment in my basement and the kids and I are going to try to make some tubes tonight (just for fun)!

Tonefish

Cool. I saw this in another thread a day or two ago....still amazed.

As easy as this may make it look, it still seems like some pretty specialized equipment, isn't it?

DamianP

More impressive than an Alan Holdsworth video!:)

Incredible skills.

Thanks Doug.

Damian.

lcjc800

Thanks for the educational and informational link, it puts much into perspective as far as components go.

Trending Topics