Want to switch from a strat bridge to a tele bridge with a tre

gtrgene

Silver Supporting Member
Ever since I got a new strat I been thinking about converting my sadowsy tele to a true tele instead of a hybrid.

Obviously I would also need a pickup change in the bridge as well. I'm thinking Zexcoil tele in the bridge and another Zexcoil under wound middle.

I was looking at this supe vee tele bridge and it looks good. Does anyone know if it should fit a routed strat type bridge cavity?
https://www.super-vee.com/order/
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Xa--6LNokfE

walterw

Platinum Supporting Member
that bridge look interesting, but it would probably be a mess on that sadowsky, with the humbucker mounting hole showing around the edges of the new bridgeplate, and probably routing required to get the tele pickup to fit, which would then probably mean you could never go back to stock.

i see on the video that super vee has come up with a brass saddle design very much like what i improvised a little while back, straight saddles with an angled profile shaped into them! (not what's shown on the website, they're different in the video.)

gtrgene

Silver Supporting Member
that bridge look interesting, but it would probably be a mess on that sadowsky, with the humbucker mounting hole showing around the edges of the new bridgeplate, and probably routing required to get the tele pickup to fit, which would then probably mean you could never go back to stock.

i see on the video that super vee has come up with a brass saddle design very much like what i improvised a little while back, straight saddles with an angled profile shaped into them! (not what's shown on the website, they're different in the video.)

I see what you mean Walter. I don't want to ruin the value of the guitar. thanks for your input. I been looking around and see no other options. I'm gonna have to just get another tele :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

gtrgene

Silver Supporting Member
Do you think if i put a tele style bridge without the metal pickup plate, some single coils with a hum to single adapter it will have the tele mojo?

Tone_Terrific

Silver Supporting Member
You could mount a Tele chopped style bridge but you already have string thru bridge. You could use adapters to mount sc's..
You could spend $300 and get a Squier CV that will get you closer to Tele than anything you can do to that guitar with no work and no damage.

walterw

Platinum Supporting Member
You could spend $300 and get a Squier CV that will get you closer to Tele than anything you can do to that guitar with no work and no damage.
sad but true.

i don't doubt that sadowsky is awesome at what it is, you'll mostly be wrecking it trying to get it to be what it's not.

maybe something like a duncan stag-mag humbucker pickup is the easy answer, so you could split it into a reasonably legit fender single coil sound.

gtrgene

Silver Supporting Member
sad but true.

i don't doubt that sadowsky is awesome at what it is, you'll mostly be wrecking it trying to get it to be what it's not.

maybe something like a duncan stag-mag humbucker pickup is the easy answer, so you could split it into a reasonably legit fender single coil sound.

Yeah you guys are probably right. Why mess with success. It's a great guitar :)

Last edited:

Trending Topics