Wanted: Clark 5E3 Beaufort Advice on Operations

Shiny McShine

There's two speaker jacks. One is switched. Can I run an extension cab. How many ohms? Which jack?

There's two channels. Can they be bridged? How do you do it?

Thanks,

Happy Clark Owner

guit_lar

I have a Clark Beaufort made about 8 years ago. I e-mailed Mike Clark about the extension speaker jack and he replied that I could use it with a load of at least 8 ohms without damaging the amp. I regularly do so (with either an 8 or 16 ohm cabinet). Now this is with also using the speaker in the combo. Sounds huge, and louder. I don't know if the Beauforts have varied in construction over the years. You might want to send Clark an e-mail inquiring about this.
Happy Beaufort owner v2.

es137p

Silver Supporting Member
you can bridge the channels. If you use the bright channel, plug your guitar into bright-1, runa pedal cable from bright-2 input over to normal-1 input, set bright and normal channels to taste. Visa-versa, if you use the normal channel mainly.

Shiny McShine

Mine's a 2001 but I put a Celestion Blue in it when I got it. What a tone. All the early Hendrix is in there. It's so sweet and lush. Can't wait to bridge it and explore the tonal options.

bluesjuke

Disrespected Elder
After seeing this thread I bridged my Clark.
I do this on my Pro since I've had it.

I did it due to the channels not being as interactive on the Clark compared to my Victoria 5E3.
Nice change but still not like the Vicky without a jumper.

Of course I can hear a much greater change with it jumpered but not the same kind of blend.

Strat59

Hands down best modern 5E-3 out there. Mine was 2002
with Jensen Caps etc. I put a 1959 Jensen P12Q in it,
phenomenal tone. Compared to my 1959 , just the
maturity of the '59 won out. A friend with a studio tried
it with his '67 Tele , didn't want to give it back, so I sold
it to him. He's very happy playing the Tele & his E.J. Strat through it.

Trending Topics