Wanted: Pro Tools Le Tutor in Nashville, TN

Discussion in 'Recording/Live Sound' started by Stephen Davis, Oct 2, 2005.

1. Stephen Davis

Stephen Davis Supporting Member

I have a Pro Tools Digi 002 setup with a Mac Powerbook G4. I understand signal flow, I've been a live engineer for the past 9 years, and I have a good amount of studio experience. But, I need someone to help me do the little tricks and show me how to use all my midi equipment effectively. Is there anyone out there who can help? Yes, I have the instructional books and the dvds already. I just need some help with my particular room. Oh yea, I am in Nashville, TN. I am on the road for the next week and a half, so it might take me a bit to answer emails.

Rabbit

2. JP

JP Guitarist of Mojo Radio

Hey Rabbit, Jason here from Full Compass. I can't offer you a tutor but I want to make you aware of the new DVD's that are out on the Digi 002.

These are user dvd's and I have heard they are very usefull and info and more important teach you to use PT LE

DVD-002 $33.62 & Instock

It may be worth a try ?

3. Stephen Davis

Thank you, but I have them. I need someone to help set everything up and answer some specific questions.

Thanks,

Rabbit

4. JP

JP Guitarist of Mojo Radio

You may want to consult with your local GC and see when they are offering a Digi clinic. This will open up a resource of
    Digi users and more important a chance to talk to a a Digi
    Rep and see if they know of anyone in your area ???

Just a idea ?

5. Stephen Davis

Yep, my tech, who is a good buddy, runs those.

Rabbit

6. NeuroLogic

NeuroLogic Supporting Member

have you seen the book Pro Tools Clinic by Mitch Gallagher? Published by Schrimer Trade Books & bought at Borders.

7. Stephen Davis

Been through the books and the videos. I need a person to help me one on one for about 3 hours and I will be fine.

Rabbit

8. NeuroLogic

NeuroLogic Supporting Member

Ok, try this guy as he's really good & tell him I referred you. I have no idea re $ charge. Ben Cybulsky / CMG Studios 330-478-3240

9. MichaelK

MichaelK Member

Stephen, check your email. The guy I referred you to is very experienced in ProTools and MIDI.

If you have several MIDI devices, just get a MIDI interface (I use MOTU MIDI Express), plug it into your ProTools interface and hook up your devices' MIDI ins and outs. Then open up ProTools, go to "Studio Configuration" or whatever they call it (I'm on OS 9, I don't know how it's done in OS X) and make sure all your devices are recognized.

The first thing I do when I open up new MIDI cables (which I have not done for years) is take a ballpoint pen and mark both ends with "One Way" arrows. It doesn't matter which direction, as long as both ends are the same direction. I saves a LOT of headache if all your cables are so marked. I don't know why they don't ship them that way.