wanted:schematic for trace eliott bonneville 30

Discussion in 'Amps/Cabs Tech Corner: Amplifier, Cab & Speakers' started by strat1953, Jan 16, 2005.

1. strat1953

strat1953 Member

2. drbob1

drbob1 Silver Supporting Member

Trace Elliott is pretty good about sending you schematics if you ask... I don't remember ever hearing of a Bonneville 30? 4 EL84 output?

3. strat1953

strat1953 Member

yes,(4) el84,s and channel switching.i searched for trace online.not much info since gibson bought them.

4. drbob1

drbob1 Silver Supporting Member

Now that's a rare! amp. I've got the tube list from 2000 and it's not mentioned. There's something called a Velocette Twin with 4 El84s, I wonder if they're similar (because the original Bonneville is not channel switching-it uses mechanical relays to completely reconfigure the preamp section for each of its 3 voices). Anyway, it's still worth emailing gibson to see if they kept any of the TE guys on... service@gibson.com

5. amper

amper Member

Never heard of a Bonneville 30. As far as I am aware, the Bonneville was available as a 100W head or a 50W combo...now there was a Speed Twin 30 combo, which succeeded the Trident/Bonneville series, but in any case, try British Audio Service for a schem--Gibson will probably send you to them, anyway...

In the UK, try GM Audio Serivces. They advertise schem. availability.