Wanting to put together a new rig

sbaker5150

I have guitars amps, wah and one overdrive covered. What I'm wanting to know is everyone's suggestions on a phaser (script-logo type sound), delay, and maybe a fuzz box?

I'm not wanting to spend more than $400 on the phaser and delay combined. If the fuzz is thrown in there then that will be an exception.

I know I probably sound like an idiot and you probably think why don't I just go try some out. Well, I like high-end or boutique gear and the only place around is guitar center and the best they sell in my town is Fulltone. I'm thinking either the Retro-sonic phaser or CS MXR Script Logo RI for phaser. Delay err have no clue on what's good. I used to own an DD-3 modded to analog and had a switch but I can't remember who even modded the damn thing. I hear good things about Analogman but I'd like a few suggestions on which way to go. Thanks guys.

P.S. I like the Fuzzulator that my friend has. Maybe? Oh and I may also throw a Timmy in there as I noticed they are going for $130 on Musictoyz.com now. Might I ask, are they as good sounding as before the price drop? What is the difference. Thanks guys!!!!

TheFlash

For phaser I always HAVE to recommend the HBE Psilocybe...you can find them for under $120 used and it sounds amazing. That leaves you $300 to find a delay and a fuzz that works for you. What features are you looking for in a delay? Tap tempo? Oscillation? Analog, Digital? Longer delay times? Pedal size?

sbaker5150

hmm never heard of it. Any sound clips?

And in delay I am looking for analog and size doesn't matter, tap tempo would be nice but not a must.

Bobster

for phaser, get the redwitch phaser for a really tweakable analog phaser, else, if you're looking for a simple one, go boss with the ph-1r.. For the analog delay that u're after, get the Ibanez ad9 if you're cash strapped, else, look for maxon delays that would be simple and great at the same time.. I could list you a couple more if you could break down the details on the budget for me..

sbaker5150

Ok, I've chosen the Teese RMC Picture Wah->BYOC Octave Fuzz->Fulltone Fulldrive 2 MOSFET->BYOC Classic Phaser. Probably a Korg Pitchblack somewhere in there as well.

Now I just need help choosing an analog delay and a power source. I would like a cheap power source that doesn't suck tone or damage. And for analog delay I have around $150 to spend at most.

Also, what is the best Big Muff pedal/clone. Thanks!

Trending Topics

Top Bottom