• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Wanting to put together a new rig

sbaker5150

I have guitars amps, wah and one overdrive covered. What I'm wanting to know is everyone's suggestions on a phaser (script-logo type sound), delay, and maybe a fuzz box?

I'm not wanting to spend more than $400 on the phaser and delay combined. If the fuzz is thrown in there then that will be an exception.

I know I probably sound like an idiot and you probably think why don't I just go try some out. Well, I like high-end or boutique gear and the only place around is guitar center and the best they sell in my town is Fulltone. I'm thinking either the Retro-sonic phaser or CS MXR Script Logo RI for phaser. Delay err have no clue on what's good. I used to own an DD-3 modded to analog and had a switch but I can't remember who even modded the damn thing. I hear good things about Analogman but I'd like a few suggestions on which way to go. Thanks guys.

P.S. I like the Fuzzulator that my friend has. Maybe? Oh and I may also throw a Timmy in there as I noticed they are going for $130 on Musictoyz.com now. Might I ask, are they as good sounding as before the price drop? What is the difference. Thanks guys!!!!

TheFlash

For phaser I always HAVE to recommend the HBE Psilocybe...you can find them for under $120 used and it sounds amazing. That leaves you $300 to find a delay and a fuzz that works for you. What features are you looking for in a delay? Tap tempo? Oscillation? Analog, Digital? Longer delay times? Pedal size?

sbaker5150

hmm never heard of it. Any sound clips?

And in delay I am looking for analog and size doesn't matter, tap tempo would be nice but not a must.

Bobster

for phaser, get the redwitch phaser for a really tweakable analog phaser, else, if you're looking for a simple one, go boss with the ph-1r.. For the analog delay that u're after, get the Ibanez ad9 if you're cash strapped, else, look for maxon delays that would be simple and great at the same time.. I could list you a couple more if you could break down the details on the budget for me..

sbaker5150

Ok, I've chosen the Teese RMC Picture Wah->BYOC Octave Fuzz->Fulltone Fulldrive 2 MOSFET->BYOC Classic Phaser. Probably a Korg Pitchblack somewhere in there as well.

Now I just need help choosing an analog delay and a power source. I would like a cheap power source that doesn't suck tone or damage. And for analog delay I have around $150 to spend at most.

Also, what is the best Big Muff pedal/clone. Thanks!

Trending Topics