• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

War Pigs vs. Immigrant Song

Sabbath's War Pigs vs. Zepp's Immigrant Song

• War Pigs

• Immigrant Song

Results are only viewable after voting.

'70 RS

Zep wins because Ozzy tried to rhyme 'masses' with 'masses'. That has bothered me since the first time I heard the song.

shane8

apples and oranges > these songs really don't have anything in common but war pigs is far superior

EricPeterson

As huge a Zeppelin fan as I am I am going to say War Pigs.:hide (actually one of the few Sabbath songs I really like).

Both are monster songs though. :BEER.

Polynitro

Funny I was just watching War Pigs live in Paris 1970 and kept thinking how much heavier and more evil those guys were than anybody including The Who.

War Pigs is much better with its air sirens vs Plants Viking falsetto poofta mating calls

RSRD

I come from the land with the ice and snow.

Any songs about vikings rule!!

War Pigs always bored me.

zosozep7

Platinum Supporting Member
Immigrant Song! Im a mythology freak!

Hammer of the gods
We'll drive our ships to new lands
To fight the horde, sing an' cry
Valhalla, I am coming
On we sweep-we with threshing oar
Our only goal will be the western shore

Man I love the footage on that Zep dvd they came out with a few years ago of this song! Pure heavy metal thunder coming from that stage!!

Jon Silberman

10Q Jerry & Dickey
Silver Supporting Member
Immigrant Song is cool but War Pigs is one of the best rock songs in the history of rock. As Chiba puts it, "No song should be longer than War Pigs unless it's better than War Pigs" ... and few are. :)

Trending Topics