Warehouse speakers 10" speakers: Anyone tried them?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by kingsxman, Mar 24, 2008.

1. kingsxman

kingsxman Silver Supporting Member

Just curious. I'm looking for a pair of 10" speakers for my 68 Super Reverb to pair with my Weber 10F150T's that I have in there now. I'd like to go Alnico but Warehouse doesnt offer that. Probably look for a deal on a pair of Alnico's if I go that route.

Anyway, just wondering if anyones tried the 10" Warehouse speakers.

2. JMarck

JMarck Member

I haven't tried them, so I can't say. But if you want great tone with your Super, wait for Weber to release the CTA10's (clones of the CTS alnicos)

3. kingsxman

I wonder when those will be released....

What would be the difference between the CTA10's and a 10A150?

4. GearHeadFred

GearHeadFred Member

I run 4 warehouse 10's in an Avatar cab. One of my heads is a Super Reverb.. The speakers sounds pretty darn good with the Super.. I also have a 2x12 but I have been leaving it at home because the 4x10 sounds so good.

I got these when they were only $19 each so it was a no-brainer. I guess the price has gone up... but I think these are pretty good speakers. I've compared them side-by-side to a Super with Jenson MODs, as well as a cab with 4 Fender blue Alnicos, and I prefer the Warehouse speakers to both of those.

EDIT: To be useful, I should say that my playing style is blues and blues-rock and funk. I like a big warm ringing tone with tight bass.. I usually set the Super for aorund 4 on the volume to get a slightly dirty breakup.. cleaning up with light touch or volume knob.

5. kingsxman

Sounds like your style is what I like: tight bass and warm. Not shrill at all.
    Do they have a thick tone?

I notice these are pretty light. Like 4 lbs apiece. I would think that the small magnet for a ceramic speaker would have an adverse affect on tone...

6. kingsxman

Bueller? Anyone else? Bueller?

7. tommytomcat

tommytomcat Member

The ceramic CTS copies ARE available from W#ber. They've been sying good things about them on the boards. I think the 15w 1" VC model sells for $40 and the 25w 1.5" VC model goes for $50.

If you don't need to be loud loud.. and want to save some $$.. I think the Sig Series Alnico 10S's ($45) sound really good when mixed with ceramics. You've got the bass, detail and definition covered with the 10F150's. The Sig 10S's would add a nice layer of Alnico flavor on the cheap.

8. kingsxman

What are they listed under? I havent seen them yet.

I definitely dont want to be loud.

I've posed the question on what to pair with the 10F150T's on Webers board but recieved no response. SO for a difference of only $5...which would you prefer? CTS clone or Signiture series?

9. Adamclayton

Adamclayton Member

I have played the Warehouse Guitar Speakers 10 inch Veteran many times and love the tightness of the speaker. It has amazing cone break up too. Not a muddy speaker at all. I haven't AB'd any other 10's with this one but I have to say I have played many other one's that don't stand a chance against this one.

10. kingsxman

I ended up picking some up and am very happy with them. High marks.