1. The Gear Page is run by musicians for musicians. We listen, we learn and if we misstep we are not afraid to do the right thing. We proposed some changes to the Emporiums. Based on feedback from members, we have decided to not go ahead with those changes. However, it has also highlighted that we need some community input into what is working and what is not working for members here. Primarily focused on the Emporiums, we'd like input on your thoughts about TGP and how things work in the Emporiums for you and how you'd improve them. The discussion thread on the is here!

Dismiss Notice

Warehouse speakers 10" speakers: Anyone tried them?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by kingsxman, Mar 24, 2008.

1. kingsxman

kingsxman Silver Supporting Member

Just curious. I'm looking for a pair of 10" speakers for my 68 Super Reverb to pair with my Weber 10F150T's that I have in there now. I'd like to go Alnico but Warehouse doesnt offer that. Probably look for a deal on a pair of Alnico's if I go that route.

Anyway, just wondering if anyones tried the 10" Warehouse speakers.

2. JMarck

JMarck Member

I haven't tried them, so I can't say. But if you want great tone with your Super, wait for Weber to release the CTA10's (clones of the CTS alnicos)

3. kingsxman

I wonder when those will be released....

What would be the difference between the CTA10's and a 10A150?

4. GearHeadFred

GearHeadFred Member

I run 4 warehouse 10's in an Avatar cab. One of my heads is a Super Reverb.. The speakers sounds pretty darn good with the Super.. I also have a 2x12 but I have been leaving it at home because the 4x10 sounds so good.

I got these when they were only $19 each so it was a no-brainer. I guess the price has gone up... but I think these are pretty good speakers. I've compared them side-by-side to a Super with Jenson MODs, as well as a cab with 4 Fender blue Alnicos, and I prefer the Warehouse speakers to both of those.

EDIT: To be useful, I should say that my playing style is blues and blues-rock and funk. I like a big warm ringing tone with tight bass.. I usually set the Super for aorund 4 on the volume to get a slightly dirty breakup.. cleaning up with light touch or volume knob.

5. kingsxman

Sounds like your style is what I like: tight bass and warm. Not shrill at all.
    Do they have a thick tone?

I notice these are pretty light. Like 4 lbs apiece. I would think that the small magnet for a ceramic speaker would have an adverse affect on tone...

6. kingsxman

Bueller? Anyone else? Bueller?

7. tommytomcat

tommytomcat Member

The ceramic CTS copies ARE available from W#ber. They've been sying good things about them on the boards. I think the 15w 1" VC model sells for $40 and the 25w 1.5" VC model goes for $50.

If you don't need to be loud loud.. and want to save some $$.. I think the Sig Series Alnico 10S's ($45) sound really good when mixed with ceramics. You've got the bass, detail and definition covered with the 10F150's. The Sig 10S's would add a nice layer of Alnico flavor on the cheap.

8. kingsxman

What are they listed under? I havent seen them yet.

I definitely dont want to be loud.

I've posed the question on what to pair with the 10F150T's on Webers board but recieved no response. SO for a difference of only $5...which would you prefer? CTS clone or Signiture series?

9. Adamclayton

Adamclayton Member

I have played the Warehouse Guitar Speakers 10 inch Veteran many times and love the tightness of the speaker. It has amazing cone break up too. Not a muddy speaker at all. I haven't AB'd any other 10's with this one but I have to say I have played many other one's that don't stand a chance against this one.

10. kingsxman

I ended up picking some up and am very happy with them. High marks.