Warehouse Speakers- too good to be true?

I've been considering replacing the celestion gt75s in my Marshal 1936, not bc i dislike their sound, but bc theyre too loud, too efficient.

ideally id like some Greenbacks but I can't see spending $250 on these right now. I recently heard of Warehouse speakers and saw the GreenBerets. I know theyre not a clone or anything, just ballpark and what I'm looking for- at least on paper.

I looked them up and they're super inexpensive! Any of you guys use and would endorse them? I guess my fear is that they're like GHS pickups- theyre the same garbage that comes in low end chinese imports that you have to replace to make a guitar sound good, but theyre just marketed better w adjectives that make them sound like boutique aftermarkets pups.

These speakers sound as good as they should based on the descriptions?

Thanks,

I have a Reaper in my vox AC15 and it sounds fabulous! If you search for reviews, I'd say you'll be hard pressed to find a lot of negative ones. Part of it may be the price, since expectations might be lower, but again, sound-wise they hold their own against much more expensive speakers.

joelster

Silver Supporting Member
Please correct me if I'm wrong but WGS speakers are Chinese components assembled in the US. That's how they are priced so well. From all I've heard they are a great value.

I've had 3 WGS and liked all of them right out of the box. I do wish they were all USA made. But really why wouldn't I want that....it would cost more.

But they are great price and sound awesome. I've had good experience with them on the phone as well with questions.

Try one.

calfzilla

Cynical Hack
Funny that people are slightly complaining about the lack of all USA made WGS speakers in a thread about England/China made Celestion clones...

I had two Vet 10s in a 4x10 cab with 2 lil buddy speakers. They sounded great and did a wonderful job of taming the volume and the highs of the amp I was using.

misa

Silver Supporting Member
WGS also builds speakers for third-party brands. I haven't tried any WGS speakers, but have zero complaints on the Jupiter 10LC.

IM4Tone

I give an A rating for the WGS speakers I have (Retro 30 and a Reaper HP). Slightly warmer than their stated Celestion counterparts and took much longer to break-in, but I like them very much.......especially driven with an amp that tends to be bright.

Sherwood

Please correct me if I'm wrong but WGS speakers are Chinese components assembled in the US. That's how they are priced so well. From all I've heard they are a great value.

Correct, import parts not made in the USA.

WGS is the best value by far... but certainly not the best sound quality.

lostpoet2

Silver Supporting Member
They are very legit. I own 3 different models of their speakers, and they all sound great.

Rumble5

I got an ET-65 as a low cost replacement when I blew the speaker in my Supro Dual Tone. Very happy with it.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom