Warehouse speakers

Discussion in 'Amps/Cabs Tech Corner: Amplifier, Cab & Speakers' started by Nevada240, Apr 27, 2015.

1. Nevada240

Nevada240 Member

Anyone have any experience with these speakers, especially the Veteran 30's, how do the compare to the Celestion Vintage 30's, etc.? Thanks

2. Nevada240

Nevada240 Member

3. Dan40

Dan40 Supporting Member

Excellent speakers! I have several of their British style speakers and everyone of them sound great. You will find many great reviews online of people that have used them. The ET-65 seems to be especially popular!

4. sarcoid

sarcoid Member

I built a 2X12 with a WGS retro 30 and a et65. I don't have any experience with the speakers you mentioned wgs or celestian but what I expected the speakers I bought to sound like, they delivered. The pairing was exactly how they were described to me. WGS has a forum the guy Vaughan seems pretty knowledgeable about the speakers.

5. Nevada240

Nevada240 Member

Thanks everybody, much appreciated!!

6. JPenn

JPenn Member

i had a pair of veteran 30's in a 2x12 cab. directly compared to a v30, they were a little smoother on the topend than celestion

7. Nevada240

Nevada240 Member

Great, that's just what I wanted to hear!! Thanks

8. garret

garret Member

Vaughn has a lot of Youtube videos comparing speakers.

I have a 2 x 12 with an ET-65 and Vintage 30 with a Marshall clone. Sounds great!

Put a Repear in a Bugera V22.

They make nice speakers. When you open the box, you will appreciate how well they are made.

9. Carol-AnnAmps

Carol-AnnAmps Gold Supporting Member

I can personally attest to the fact that their EV12 and Black Hawk speakers are absolutely excellent. I have used some of the 'Celestion' like speakers and found while they sounded good, they suffered cone cry earlier than the speaker they were opposing.

10. Nevada240

Nevada240 Member

So I bought the cab, a Sour Mash cabinet with 2x12 Warehouse Veteran 30's in it for $200 and I think I got a steal!! WOW, sounds great, thanks for all the opinions and suggestions, it really paid off!!

11. sarcoid

sarcoid Member

Great get. what amp are you running through it and what type of music are you playing? I want to build another 2X12 with different WGS speakers.

12. Nevada240

Nevada240 Member

I'm using it as an extension cab for a Mesa F-30 and it sounds great!! I've always leaned towards Fenders (Super Reverbs) for their cleans but I picked up this little amp a few months ago for practice and smaller gigs and realized the cleans are incredible, plus it's darker than the Fenders which I love and it fits the music I play a whole lot better IMO. I'm playing rock, blues, southern rock and jammy type stuff, think Gov't Mule, ZZ Top, WSP, etc. I still love the Fenders but with this setup it's a little less bright and a little creamier and thicker...

13. sarcoid

sarcoid Member

14. Empros

Empros Supporting Member

I have this same combo in my 2X12. Sounds good with everything. Amazing speakers!

15. 12strings

12strings Member

They are fantastic speakers. I have an ET65 paired with a Jupiter speaker which warehouse makes in my twin. It is a KILLER combination.

16. macg1

macg1 Supporting Member

WGS rules. I have a 2x12 with ET65's, a combo with a Retro 30, and I just bought, minutes ago, a G12C.

17. RockinRob

RockinRob Member

I have an old hot rod deluxe that needs a new speaker. Amp has been collecting dust but I think it's time to get it functional. What would be a good choice? Amp would be mostly used for clean to classic rock.

18. oldhousescott

oldhousescott Silver Supporting Member

G12C for American tones
    ET65 for a sweeter, rounder top end
    Vet30 for throaty mids
    Invader50 for some serious bark

19. RockinRob

RockinRob Member

what if I was going for a Steely Dan type solo sound...what speaker ya think? I haven't had the opportunity to compare many speakers.

20. bob barcus

bob barcus Member

Who do you want to sound like.They used every great studio pro in LA Jeff Baxter used small fender amps Elliot Randall used a big Ampeg STV for reeling in the years I would go for a Fender twin or deluxe and use a OD pedal and a compressor.....