Warmoth Fatback shape question

Killcrop

Silver Supporting Member
Is the fatback like the Nocaster necks? I've tried the boat before and was thinking the fatback might be cool too.

fullerplast

It's much like the newer Nocaster shape; one inch thick for the full length, fuller shoulder than the boatneck. I use and like both, in 1 5/8 width. I wouldn't go too wide with the fatback.

Mark Ray

The RockTrain
Platinum Supporting Member
My Warmoth Strat has the fatback carve, with a 1 7/8" nut width! I've been told by others that that's too big, but it feels oh so just right to me.

:RoCkIn

Mark

hendrix2430

The fatback carve is really huge. It's 1 inch across. If you have big hands, or like big chunky les paul necks, then it may not be a big deal to you, but if you're used to slimmer necks, then it may be too much to handle.

The boatneck is very similar to the fatback, but the fatback is a round carve so it will feel a bit bigger in your hand. However, if you liked the boatneck a lot, I suspect the fatback would suit you too.

Jon Silberman

10Q Jerry & Dickey
Gold Supporting Member
Mark Ray said:
My Warmoth Strat has the fatback carve, with a 1 7/8" nut width! I've been told by others that that's too big, but it feels oh so just right to me.

Mark
Disclaimer: If you go with Mark Ray's neck carve recommendations, you'd better like 'em hefty! :cool:

S

Srini

Mark Ray said:

Mark
My fatback has a 1 11/16" nut, and it feels perfect.

Srini

Joe Perry

Srini said:
My fatback has a 1 11/16" nut, and it feels perfect.

Srini
+1 My new Suhr classic will also have the same carve. Both will be 6100 frets.:AOK

Joe

Killcrop

Silver Supporting Member
My #1 is an R7. Pretty fat neck. .890 at the first. The Fatback should be ok if it's a tad more narrow right?

Joe Perry

OldSchool said:
Sweet............post pics!
I'll snap pics of both when the Suhr comes. It's going to be about a month late. As long as it arrives as expected I can't be mad. I know Suhr strives for perfection.

Joe

Trending Topics