Warmoth neck pictures?

Discussion in 'Guitars in General' started by Tone, Feb 21, 2006.

1. Tone

Tone Member

Anyone happen to have pictures of their Warmoth maple necks? I know they have pictures in the showcase section, but I wanted to see some personal ones. :) Trying to see if I go with the standard birdseye maple, if it will have enough figuring to warrant the price over the regular maple. Plus, the ones in the showcase always have something that is out of my specs, like the neck carve, or nut width. :)

Thanks!

2. gitman

gitman Member

I built my first Warmoth Tele in 1993. in those days there was no internet/online sales etc. so i had to call them and fax my order in. they have been very accomodating and helpful and the neck they sent me is absolutely magnificent and has been absolutely stable all these years :
    curly birdseye maple, boatneck carve. the body also ( hollow swamp ash ) is really pretty. the second time around a couple of years later the same story, great product ( quilted maple on hollow mahogany body, mahogany neck/braz. rosewood board/steel frets ) , fast service. if you talk with the guy who handles your order and describe him the type of wood/figure you want then they will do their best to make you happy, that's my experience.
    [​IMG][/IMG]
    [​IMG][/IMG]

3. Brudr

Brudr Member

4. clothwiring

clothwiring Supporting Member

Not a great shot, but you get the idea...

[​IMG]

Which ended up on:

[​IMG]

5. fullerplast

fullerplast Senior Member

6. johnmfer

johnmfer Supporting Member

Here's one I just picked up from a fellow TGP'er.
    [​IMG]

7. Clorenzo

Clorenzo Member

They are both standard birdseye finished in vintage tint:

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

8. j_hotch

j_hotch Member

9. Jon Silberman

Jon Silberman 10Q Jerry & Dickey Gold Supporting Member

10. Kooper

Kooper Guest

I have two Tele Clones with Warmoth maple necks and a Strat clone with a Warmoth Tele neck.Two have the vintage contour one has the custom contour.I have stubby fingers so I like narrow necks,I've been playin on these for a few years now so flat necks screw me up I stumble over them.One draw back on necks with some contour to them is if you tend to bend alot of notes somtimes they will have a tendency to cut out,untill you break them in.Then ya figure ya have them all broke in and in my case wiht my main guitar I run into the same problem again.All but the last 4or5 frets are kinda evenly worn ,so now I'm having that cutting out problem again.I think if I file down thoes e last few frets all will be well.I'm sure there was a point in there somewhere??No pics available but I'm sure you'd be really impressed

11. Tone

Tone Member

Wow, awesome looking necks guys!
    To those who posted the birdseyes, can you tell me wether it's a AAA or standard birdseye?

Thanks!:JAM

12. PolyMorf

PolyMorf Member

Man, those are gorgeous necks!

I have a pickguard loaded with Burns Trisonics (bought in a garage sale) and the 8 way Bison switching (wild dog, etc) and I am just ITCHING to get those into a Strat style body. I'm thinking of going with a Tru-oil (tinted amber) neck on flame maple. Not sure of which body wood and finish to use yet. I'm waiting for Ohio weather to get warmer.

13. Clorenzo

Clorenzo Member

:confused: Er... Ok Jon, we can talk about that too? :D

14. Tone

Tone Member

15. HarryJ

HarryJ Member

16. andygio

andygio Member

This was a Warmoth Showcase neck I picked up a few years ago. Beautiful! Sold it because I wasn't too fond of the neck thickness.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

17. jpage

jpage Silver Supporting Member

Fron experience, if great figure is important to you, throw them a few bucks to make sure you get it. Otherwise you are t the mercy of the "wood of the day".

"wood of the day"...funny

18. Tone

Tone Member

andygio,
    was that a AAA birdseye?

jpage, thanks for the tip.:dude

19. andygio

andygio Member

Nope, not marked as such. It may look a little more pronounced in pictures than in person. It depends on the viewing angle sometimes.

20. Tone

Tone Member

Cool, do you happen to know how high a grade of Birdseye Maple it was? :)

Hey all you guys who posted necks, would you mind telling me what warmoth neck profile you got, and how it felt to you? Anything that you can compared it to, like other strats, Les Pauls, etc?

Thanks!