Warmoth Roasted Neck?

Sirloin

Silver Supporting Member
Thinking about a Tele build with a roasted maple neck. I would get frets installed by Warmoth as well.

Is there something in their neck builder I am missing? I don't see the option for roasted maple? Do you have to call it in?

I see roasted necks in their showcase inventory but none of them have frets.

For those of you that have a roasted maple neck from them, curious in your thoughts. What's the added cost?

I have a Warmoth neck and body for my headless guitar and am very pleased but it is not roasted.

stratamania

Any necks in the showcase without frets you can select which frets you want to be installed.

I don't have one yet, but lots of positive feedback on the Unnoficial Warmoth Forum about roasted maple.

ToneKing

I got a roasted maple from them last year. It's a great neck, feels fast. It was in the build section, I don
T remember exactly where though.

peskypesky

I see roasted necks in their showcase inventory but none of them have frets.
yes, as previous poster wrote, when you order a neck from their inventory, you get to make numerous choices: fret size and material, nut type, finish.

when I ordered my Fatback Strat neck from them, I got it with big frets, no nut and no finish. I put a Tusq XL nut in myself and finished the neck with some coats of Tru-Oil. Love that neck!

Blix

Wannabe Shredder
Silver Supporting Member
Roasted maple comes up as an option in the dropdown number 2 for me.

bluesdoc

Gold Supporting Member
Platinum Supporting Member
I got a roasted maple/Kingwood board neck for a strat build I did last year. Ordered it with 6150 frets. Everything was there on the drop down menus. It's wonderful!

jon

Blix

Wannabe Shredder
Silver Supporting Member
And thanks to this thread I'm going to go with Warmoth for my tele project, wasn't aware they seem to have lowered their prices for roasted, comes out pretty good for what I want. :aok

Sirloin

Silver Supporting Member
I see the roasted maple drop down option now. Thanks guys. I guess I was just missing it.

broken_sound

Silver Supporting Member
@Sirloin thanks for the headsup about warmoth stock, didn't know they had it.

Unfortunately none of the tele necks are close to my specs but man that roasting looks DARK!

Che_Guitarra

I think they only offer roasted maple as a two-piece option, so if you're looking at vintage construction as the build option, it might not be on that list.

Here's mine. Used roasted maple on my most recent bass build. Warmoth quality is always top shelf, but the neck is darker than I anticipated. Maybe made a wee bit darker with the tru oil staining I gave it. I love it now, but when I first got it I didn't like it at all. Feel? No different to regular maple. Sound? No different to regular maple. Threw my Warmoth tele in the pic too, so you can get an idea of roasted maple neck next to a vintage tint neck.

Not sure if the colour is done true justice in the photo - low light, and a lot of pale colours. Oh well, should help to get a general idea.

Blix

Wannabe Shredder
Silver Supporting Member
They make roasted 1-piece, vintage construction only. That's what I'm buying for my tele.

Blix

Wannabe Shredder
Silver Supporting Member
Ah cool, only the modern construction ones have to be 2-piece then.

Reactions: Roe

TuffyKohler

Silver Supporting Member
I'll report back tomorrow.

I ordered a modern vintage boatneck with SS6105 frets.

This will be my second Warmoth neck. The first is a 3 year old 2 piece maple fatback with SS frets. It's a short scale strat conversion, that I only put boiled linseed oil on as its finish. It's naturally relicing nicely, and yes, I voided it's warranty.

Trending Topics