Warning for USPS shippers....

supar6

Silver Supporting Member
I wasn't quite sure where to put this so feel free to relocate wherever it's appropriate.

But, I wanted to be sure I provided some feedback and a warning on USPS recently as they roll through extreme difficulties in delivering items with any sense of reliability. I've had about 6 various packages shipped by USPS since Dec 14th of which ALL of them have either been late, lost or still in transit (so undetermined).

1) We had a Sony PS5 that was shipped via USPS on Dec 14th which arrived yesterday. That's nearly a month. It was shipped from NY (seems to be a common theme here).
2) Purchased a A/B pedal from Reverb on the 15th of Dec, it also arrived yesterday. Shipped from MD.
3) Purchased an XVive wireless system from Reverb on the 19th. This appears to be lost and is being refunded. Shipped from NY.
4) Xmas gift sent out to friends in Connecticut on the 15th. This appears to be lost.
5) Lovepedal handwired Kanji ordered on Dec 28th. Still in transit, status unknown. Shipped from MA.
6) Boss Reverb bought from TGP, sent out on the 28th, arrived this afternoon. Shipped from AL.

Anyways, please be aware and careful when sending anything Priority Mail with USPS. The goal of this post isn't to rag on USPS but hopefully to help people avoid the frustration that I've encountered thus far. I really wasn't aware they were having so many problems when I ordered the above but rest assured, I'm paying the extra for UPS.

Happy hunting everyone!

-Hawk-

Silver Supporting Member
Just getting a pedal I bought in the emporium four weeks ago today. It was from the east coast as well.

Regardless of the reasons, excuses, etc., I’ve intentionally avoided usps since then.

guitardirky

The stuff I've sold over the past month has all been shipped UPS. The only thing I've ordered in the last 45 days to be shipped via USPS was delayed by 2 weeks.

Blue-moon

Gold Supporting Member
Yeah...I've seen significant delays on priority mail. Frustrating. But I get it. There are worst things in life. Lost packages, though, are a different story. Hopefully they eventually show up.

I thought things were going to get better after the holidays. But I assume their employees are probably feeling the impact of the COVID surge.

ColorBlindJames

Gold Supporting Member
I bought a pedal from Reverb on Dec. 6 and the seller shipped it out via USPS the next day, Dec. 7.

The pedal was coming to Tennessee from Alabama. It arrived on Dec. 30.

It took 27 days for the pedal to be delivered from one state away.

Alpione

Silver Supporting Member
Without going into proprietary details, part of my work involves directing the mailing operations of about 30 million pieces of First Class Mail a month. We track USPS performance at the individual mailpiece level and the delays starting in December are the worst we've ever measured by miles. They'll get through it, but as of right now they're still struggling with volumes and COVID impacts. We actually have a meeting with USPS brass this Friday about it.

Jess 1971

Silver Supporting Member
I've sold a few pedals from Connecticut all the way to Oregon and Washington state in the past two weeks via USPS, and everything made it in two or three days. Lucky I guess.

npappas

Please consider giving USPS a bit of a break...

They are being
a.) defunded
b.) worked extra long and hard due to the holidays
c.) worked extra hard due to COVID (hundreds of thousands more people buying things online instead of in person)
d.) having to work around distributing the vaccine

Even one of these things could cause delays. When you look at all of these aspects at once it's a wonder they're managing at all.

3940bigdaddy

Silver Supporting Member
Please consider giving USPS a bit of a break...

They are being
a.) defunded
b.) worked extra long and hard due to the holidays
c.) worked extra hard due to COVID (hundreds of thousands more people buying things online instead of in person)
d.) having to work around distributing the vaccine

Even one of these things could cause delays. When you look at all of these aspects at once it's a wonder they're managing at all.
And to add to that. the election mail.

Chic-Pop

I'm still waiting on a package (wife's Christmas present) sitting "in transit" in a sorting facility in NY since 12/12. It took more than a week for a Christmas card to be delivered to my daughter (lives in NY). Some local post offices have been temporarily closed due to outbreaks. Glad to hear that OP has some packages arriving...

fjblair

Gold Supporting Member
I've noticed a delay as well, but it's no big deal to me. Totally understand the frustration though.

IanRubbish

Gold Supporting Member
I had a pedal take 3 weeks to get to me from Connecticut. Last week I ordered a pedal and it shipped on Wednesday, and I got it on Saturday. So it really isn't consistent.

eyeball987

Silver Supporting Member
I have been lucky. All of the packages that I have shipped and received over the past couple of months have gone off without a hitch. Most recently had a pedal land yesterday in Cleveland that shipped on Friday from Boston. No tracking was available until Monday but 4 days isn't bad at all during this mess.

Gasp100

Silver Supporting Member
I personally don't like using USPS at all and stick with UPS. I do understand sellers who use it for pedals and smaller stuff due to convenience and cost.

ChickenLover

Silver Supporting Member
Yep, I had a package that said "Waiting to be dropped off at USPS" but they didn't have it at the location I dropped it off at. Apparently if it won't scan they send it to the nearest hub. Right about when I was going to issue a refund it magically was "Delivered".

nastynate

It's been bad this year. I've had two packages get shipped from a distribution center 2 hours south of me to a USPS center 4 hours north of me. The package then sat at the distribution center for a couple days before being shipped back down south to my city, where it sat for a couple more days before being delivered. These incidents were weeks apart. I also had one item ship from a distribution center south of me to a city a couple hours west (no reason it should have ever gone that direction), and then just disappear.

Trending Topics