Warren Haynes guitars, rack and amps (cool videos)

Discussion in 'Guitars in General' started by mmcquain, May 6, 2008.

1. mmcquain

mmcquain Member

2. flyingvees

flyingvees Member

Farmer's my bud and the man...I love his IM NOT HIM shirts that he used to wear...:BEER

3. john b

john b Supporting Member

Very cool. That's from the Mule.net site. I believe there may be more in the "in the studio" section.

4. MuseCafeChris

MuseCafeChris Senior Member

Fender Tonemaster 4x12, huh? Cool (I own 2 of them). Also liked to see that Texas Ranger on the shelf (used to own one of those).

5. Scott Auld

Scott Auld Staff Member

No hesitation either when asked which one he would run off with if offered any of 'em ... the 335. :)

6. devilrob1979

devilrob1979 Member

He's coming to town in June with Bob Weir's Rat Dog. I'm not to keen on seeing Bob but I'm seriously considering going to see the mule.

7. devilrob1979

devilrob1979 Member

Anyone notice none of those guitars appear to show any sign of wear that people go for when they relic?

8. PFCG

PFCG Member

one of my top 5 favorite bands of all time. i love mule, ive seen em a million times and i think that warren always sounds spectacular. its definitely how he plays that makes those instruments roar. id say all in all one of the greatest songwriters of this day and age. his lyrics are so beautiful.

some of my top favorites:

Banks of the Deep End
    Wine and Blood
    Beautifully Broken
    Blind Man in the Dark
    Thorazine Shuffle

Give em a listen you wont hear anything that great on the radio!

9. operanonverba

operanonverba Silver Supporting Member

Saw him in Dallas couple of weeks ago. He was always poking around on the side and hung a rubber chicken over a monitor at one point. Great sense of humor and it looks like he keeps the machine going.

10. bilbal

bilbal Member

He was reaching for it before the question was finished being asked.

11. Doug Tulloch

Doug Tulloch Member

Brian's a great dude, as is Warren. The Dano' Pro 1 is actally a 63 {not late 50's} and used to be mine [​IMG] .

12. HurricaneJesus

HurricaneJesus Member

Heh, every time I see the mule and Farmer's walking around I scream "FAAARRRMEEEERRRR!!!" and he'll scream "WHHAAAAT!?!?!?!"

...guess you had to be there....

13. Scott Auld

Scott Auld Staff Member

LOL - yep. :)

That is schweet! :RoCkIn

:D:D:D

14. john b

john b Supporting Member

Ah, the great myth of relic'ing unraveled! The way he plays his guitars they should be reliced except - he takes good care of them and keeps them in their cases. I think that's what most folks with half a brain do with a nice guitar?

15. bilbal

bilbal Member

So what does he use the Dano for anyway? Has anyone ever seen him play it? I have seen him with Phil and Friends a few times and with ABB and I have never seen him use it.

16. Doug Tulloch

Doug Tulloch Member

Back in 1993 Warren was curious about my Dano's and ended up borrowing a few to record with. Ultimately, he talked me out of the Pro 1 {a 63}, a very rare 1957 black sgl. cut 3 p/u Dano' U-3, a 1958 Dano' Baritone bass, a 67 Silvertone refinned white with vintage style hot rod flames painted on the back {shown below with Neil Vitullo from Young Neil and the Vipers}, and most recently, I sold him one of my Coral Sitars pictured below. He's got a few new Korean Dano's too including one that I gave him that's a 1 of 100 Jimmy Page model in Purpleburst. He used the Pro 1 on most of the Mule albums, he'd pull it out occasionally on his solo acoustic tour, he used it on Kenny Wayne Shepherd's album, and a few others too. I bet 100 bucks the Sitar is on the next Mule album [​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

17. bilbal

bilbal Member

Very cool - thanks for the post. That Dano must sound "different" with the way he attacks the strings - I'd love to hear it.

18. bilbal

bilbal Member

Hey do you Neil (Young Neil and The Vipers)? He owns/owned a blackface twin that use to be mine years ago. He's a great player. I use to see them a lot in my area (Misquamicut, Mystic, New London) If I'm not mistaken one of the Christinas (Franny's brother Bobby maybe?) played drums for Neil.