1. During the first week of August 2020, we'll be upgrading the software TGP runs on to the currently available up-to-date version. The software version is a significant upgrade, so there will be some downtime as we do the work under the hood. We've got a team of professionals, including the software development company assisting the process. We've conducted substantial tests using backups of the current forum to ensure a smooth and successful upgrade. We've gone to great lengths on the design of the theme (aka 'skin' or look and feel) of the forum to offer a better user experience for members and visitors. The default theme will be new, yet clearly influenced by the classic TGP look. We will have a dark version of that also easily selectable. Also available will be a "Classic TGP" theme that closely matches the current theme you are accustomed to using with the current software. There is also an easy width adjustment to make it set width or expand to your window width for each theme. As we get closer, I'll update everyone so hopefully, no one will be caught by surprise.
    Dismiss Notice

Warren Haynes. This song SMOKES!!

Discussion in 'The Sound Hound Lounge' started by Tag, Nov 16, 2017.

1. lhallam

lhallam Member

A few years ago I was listening to a live Mule concert online when Warren broke into the middle section of Zappa's "Pygmy Twilite" I was floored.

I highly suggest checking out the documentary "Rising Low" and the sister live release "The Deep End Vol 2".
    What I got out of them is:
    #1 how incredibly diverse Warren and Matt Abs are.
    #2 What a great ear Warren has. I've seen other examples of how good his ears are.

There are so many great bass players on this release.

This is my favorite cut, there is a second part they play after Warren switches gtrs since he broke a string, this is the just the first part:

Tag likes this.
  2. therhodeo

therhodeo Member

Warren is always great. This show is one of my favorites of his. Love the Allman tunes like Jessica in this style.

3. 2HBStrat

2HBStrat Member

@Tag if you like that, check this out....

4. Trebor Renkluaf

Trebor Renkluaf I was hit by a parked car, what's your excuse? Silver Supporting Member

5. Mark Ray

Mark Ray The RockTrain Gold Supporting Member

When I think of 'da Mule:

Coli likes this.
  6. DrSax

DrSax Member

Matt Abs would be a dream to play with. He just has a feel that always is great.

lhallam and Coli like this.
  7. lavinci

lavinci Supporting Member

I've seen WH and the mule more times than I can count...
    voice slide and sing for ya!
    this is by far on of my favorite songs with Marc Ford.....

then there is Billy G and Warren - what a duo they do make....
    https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=warren+hayes+and+billy+gibbons

Warren is so good cus he is a musical whore, plays guitar with everyone.. some of the greatest musicians on earth... this just makes him so much better then everyone else.

Last edited: Nov 17, 2017
    Coli and Mark Ray like this.
  8. cffluntouch

cffluntouch Gold Supporting Member

I love Warren's playing and singing, the band and songs. It's a shame most of the general public, even guitar players, don't know who he is. He is one of the best around bar none. They should be all over classic rock radio...

Jimi1983 likes this.
  9. DRS

DRS Member

Same concert
    Listen to Bruce lay down some great soloing at the end.

Tag likes this.
  10. OddJobb

OddJobb Member

Brother, Thanks for sharing, Never heard that killer tune!! Love Warren , and with Derek=== Awesome!!

Last edited: Nov 17, 2017
    Mark Ray likes this.
  11. Tag

Tag Gold Supporting Member

Smoking!!!!

lhallam likes this.
  12. Coli

Coli Supporting Member

I HATE Warren...( btw, I hate the players/singers I am MOST jealous of...!)
    smokin' badass cut- my fave show of all time is seeing Mule with Woody in a little bar in Huntsville right after the first Mule recording-
    maybe 100 people...
    bought him and Woody a beer and talked gear....they covered Sabbath....such down to Earth guys

Jimi1983 likes this.
  13. Bob Maximus

Bob Maximus Silver Supporting Member

Ya know, it was very good. Didnt knock me out, but the slide was good, though not much new. The horns killed. And Warren's vocals are great. I am a fan though.

14. Nickstrtcstr

Nickstrtcstr Lactose Intolerant Guitar Slinger

Awesome!

Warren recorded an album with Railroad Earth last year right here in Hopatcong at The Barbershop Studios.

15. Marc Roy

Marc Roy Member

I absolutely love that album. It's so different. Love hearing him playing a rootsy style.

Yahoo Live streamed a Warren Haynes / Railroad Earth concert last year which was incredible. Those guys are killer musicians in their own right. Anyone who hasn't heard Railroad Earth should check them out.

I have to say the latest Gov't Mule album is among the best they've released.

Nickstrtcstr likes this.