1. The Rules have been updated regarding posting as a business on TGP. Thread with details here: Thread Here
    Dismiss Notice

Warrior Guitars?

Discussion in 'Guitars in General' started by frankencat, Feb 13, 2009.

1. frankencat

frankencat Guitarded Gold Supporting Member

Tell me about them and post a pic if you have one.

Last edited: Feb 13, 2009
  2. jcoggins7

jcoggins7 Member

3. edwarddavis

edwarddavis Supporting Member

They look great n person , never played one though . Not cheap but , I guess the are a petty high quality guitar made down south . Not a great resale so I hear and see. I would try one if a great deal came along . Kind along the MJ guitar line, great guitar just not well known. Seen more and more FS though

4. marsos52

marsos52 Member

i dont have one, but i have seen and played a few, each was as good a guitar was anyone would want. the best woods and hardware and the workmanship was excellant
    very high end.. played wonderful to

5. Bill Brasky

Bill Brasky Senior Member

I would buy one if only they had more inlay and gold hardware. Just not ornate enough for me.

6. LTE

LTE Member

I played one years ago at NAMM. Played very well but way over priced to me. The guys thought high of their product.

Never cared for all the inlay they did. Don't get me wrong, great craftsmanship, just gaudy looking to me.

7. Pellecaster

Pellecaster Member

Hi everybody,

I have the pleasure of owning two Warrior instruments I got back in '99, a 4 string Walnut Bass and a 6 string guitar. The bass is neck through and plays like a dream. The guitar is the 11th made and is a prototype. Some of their instruments are very highly inlayed but these are not (which is the way I like 'em). The guitar has piezos in the bridge and utilizes a stereo output jack. I pulled them out this morning and took a few pictures, enjoy!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. treeofpain

treeofpain Supporting Member

Nice guitars, nice wood, but I don't care for the satin and plasticky finishes.

9. LTE

LTE Member

Now that one is sharp. I especially like how they carved the backplate.

10. frankencat

frankencat Guitarded Gold Supporting Member

That's way cool. What model is that?

11. SixString821

SixString821 Member

played one at a guitar show a while ago... one of the better playing/sounding guitars ive ever played.

12. Mcclassic

Mcclassic Member

Played a couple at GC and they are really good and easy to play.

13. Reyybarra

Reyybarra Supporting Member

I played a few customs and wasn't impressed
    look great play ok but for that price holy crap i could buy an artinger!

rey

14. zztomato

zztomato Supporting Member

Thought I'd revive this thread.
    I just bought one of these locally for a little over a grand.
    It's a Warrior Knight. Beautiful gloss gold top and clear gloss laquer back.
    They have an aged relic that looks the same as this on on thier website for 7,000 or something.
    I have to say it is one of the nicest guitars I've played in a long time.
    I'll try to post a pic sometime. They are very well crafted and sit almost perfectly in your lap. Just fine on a strap too. This one is not overly ornate, which I like. It has block inlay on the neck much like an Ibanez as-200 and the like.
    I think the list on it would be $2900. If you could snag one for anywhere around 2000 or under I'd say that's a sweet deal.

15. Marshalls Law

Marshalls Law Member

:worthless

16. jcoggins7

jcoggins7 Member

I just played an Isabella that was on consignment at Corner Music. The fit and finish is the best I've ever seen, up there with Tom Anderson, Suhr, and PRS. I wasn't a fan of the pickups though.

17. tmihm

tmihm Member

I sure hope they worked out some of the kinks over the years.

The guitar I custom ordered from them was, without a doubt...the worst 'high-end' guitar I've ever stumbled across. Besides the fact they completely ruined a gorgeous piece of koa,the customer service was beyond pathetic and it took a 2+ year, out-of-court settlement for me to get my money back. I had a list of the 17 items that there were problems with - some bigger than others. Obviously no quality control was done before it left there. Here's the top on it - the high e string is completely off of the pickup - you can also see how the pup cover doesn't fit the neck pup:

[​IMG]

And my personal favorite - after having to tell them many (many) times not to lacquer the back of the neck - I get a photo with the neck all nice and shiny with a million coats of lacquer on it. I told them it was unacceptable, and this is the way I got it (and before you get too excited about the bird inlay, that was was Ron Thorn who did that work). It ended up being sent to their shop with no instructions at all with what to do. Here's a nice 'scrape job' that fell a tad short:

[​IMG]

The result? I paid $4250 for it. After all the legal fuss and having it returned to them, I saw it back up FS on their website for $6500. (And then it was sold...again). They replaced the pups with EMG's so you couldn't easily spot the string being off of the magnet.

I'm sure they have fantastic guitars out there, however I wouldn't suggest custom ordering one.

Since you asked....