Was just listening to some Jethro Tull...

DGDGBD

They were never my favorite, but always liked them. Are they considered progressive rock? The last few weeks, I spent some time learning a few of their songs that I like.

derekd

Silver Supporting Member
Excellent band and with a flute player who also sang lead, yeah pretty unique.

I saw'em in the 80s for their last album tour.

GibsonGeek

Ive been an a Tull kick lately, mainly the Aqualung album. Really digging the guitar sound, especially on Cross Eyed Mary. The bass playing also. Great great album.

Oriondk

I’ve loved JT since I saw saw them open for Led Zepplin on their first North American tour. There was a time in the mid 89’s disco era when they were about the only rock album I’d buy. They are still my favorite band. I’ve seen them live many times and they never disappoint. And Ian Anderson is such a wordsmith you can read a lot of his lyrics as poetry.

GibsonGeek

I think it’s tough to de-emphasize Ian Anderson and his flute because he’s so out there, but there is some really cool things going on behind him with the rest of the band.

lhallam

I’ve loved JT since I saw saw them open for Led Zepplin on their first North American tour. <edit>
That's very cool.

Since Tull didn't party Jimmy Page called them "Jethro Dull". Considering what happened to LZ, I think Tull got the last laugh on Jimmy.

JSeth

TERRIFIC BAND!!!

Loved them from the first album... the first five records were brilliant, each in their own way... of course, Aqualung was their most commercially popular (and for good reason), but I've always thought Stand Up was about as good as the band got with that line-up...

I may be in the minority, but I personally loved what Mick Abrams brought to the band in that first record...

vegarman

Silver Supporting Member
when their first album came out at the same time as led zep, i was a tull fan first. i didnt buy a zep album until III. have a good day.

Ive been a Tull fan for 10 years or so.. Ian is just a treasure. I love his acoustic playing. He's known for his flute, but his acoustic playing is very unique and awesome. I love to blast Tull when I'm blacksmithing!

Trending Topics