• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Was Sanding a guitar down to Repaint and sort of like where I ended up stopping

schmerf

I was sanding the body on this guitar down so I could repaint it Black. Here is what I ended up with once everything was roughed up and smoothed out and I took a break:

12guitdown

Gold Supporting Member
+1. Maybe spray a clear coat of nitro on it. But what color was it in the first place?

PA Woody

Interesting... a Tele with a Strat bridge and a single toaster pup. I like it. The finish is cool, too

schmerf

It was a transparent lightish blue-green on top and slightly onto the sides with a white back and sides. The original color was done using some mixed up fabric dye I found a wal-mart for kids.

Mark Robinson

Platinum Supporting Member
To me it looks like a worn out fence, get back to work! You can do metalflake or any of the great classic Fender automotive solids.

I like the old Fender aesthetic of making the guitar look space age and uniform. YMMV so on and so forth.

Dizi

It looks great as-is, but in that "I never finished sanding" kinda way. I think you should continue on and finish it proper.

schmerf

I'm almost certain it is going to get finished up. I just ran out of time for now and thought it looked kind of interesting. I'm surprised at how long it took someone to say something like "To me it looks like a worn out fence, get back to work!" -Mark Robinson

schmerf

It is hard to comment on that since I also changed necks. I can say that I feel the body resonate a lot now.

Cpt. Picard

I think it would look good like that, but then I'm a sucker for things a little out of the ordinary.

That said, it DOES look "unfinished" (maybe because it is...), it would look very nice if that coloring could be smoothed out, with a light stain and laquer or even poly over the gray.

Trending Topics