Washburn Idol and the VCC

Discussion in 'Guitars in General' started by rustneversleeps, Jan 9, 2008.

1. rustneversleeps

rustneversleeps Member

Just wondering if anyone here has played/owned a Washburn Idol guitar? I'm curious about the Voice Contour Control. Is it worthless or a nice feature? Do you use it a lot or would you rather have had a standard tone knob? All reviews I've read on this say the Idol is a great player, but since I have to drive an hour and half to try one out, I'd like to have some opinions. Thanks in advance.

2. Guitar Josh

Guitar Josh Resident Curmudgeon Silver Supporting Member

Washburn Idol sounds alot better than American Idol.

3. rustneversleeps

rustneversleeps Member

:rotflmaoEspecially after last year. Maybe Silvertone will come out with the "Sanjaya Signature Model," free wig included.

4. BlueVeins

BlueVeins Member

I have a WI64 and it's really nice. However, it is before they put the VCC on there. But I can't see how it wouldn't improve the guitar.

5. rustneversleeps

rustneversleeps Member

Blueveins,

Thanks. I also heard the "feel" is similar to an SG or a Double cut Gibson. Is that your take on it?

6. 03hal

03hal Member

I had an idol (one of the "distressed" ones m123 was selling), and liked the VCC very much. It did a fairly good impression of a single-coil, and I liked being able to dial in the blend as I wanted. Still, from what I've read online it seems I was the only person who liked it.

The guitar did feel like an sg, right down to the neck-dive, which was why I sent it back. It did have great frets, and Buzz Feiten, too.

Some of the Washburn imports are very nice, and I would love to try one of the US models.