Washburn KC-70V

Discussion in 'Guitars in General' started by dimas4108, Sep 14, 2008.

1. dimas4108

dimas4108 Member

This was given to my nephew, it's missing the lock nuts the arm for the lic floyd and one of the coil taps is broken, Is it worth fixing? I've started cleaning it up but have a ways to go[​IMG]

2. halorealm7

halorealm7 Member

Played one of those for several years. Regardless of what anyone tells ya, they are not US made. They are a Korean import from late 80's to early 90,91 or so (bought mine new in 90). Mine was a great player, thin, wide neck and the Floyd licensed trem on it is bullet proof. They are alder with a maple cap about 3/16 thick so its got good wood. Pickups new were cool but after 18-20 years they farted out--go figure. Seriously, I changed those early, didn't like the EMG selects at all but you might. They aren't worth much, but a few parts and tweeks here and there and you'll have a decent shredder. The coil tap is pretty nifty too. A lot of different tones with the tap and the mini-togs.

3. dimas4108

dimas4108 Member

any clue were i can get the parts i need for it?

4. halorealm7

halorealm7 Member

The first place I would go would be the Washburn forum. That's the place to go for all things Washburn. It's been a good while since I've been on there but there used to be a link to Washburn CS and a link to all the old archived guitars. I doubt CS at Washburn would be able to help with parts since it's so old. Remember there are KC 20's, 40's, 44's and a couple of others too you may find parts from. The KC 70 and 90 are the only ones with the mini-toggles I believe but any electronics store should be able to help with those. As far as the coil tap--that's a push-pull in the knob so any reputable guitar shop can fix you up. Take the locking nut off the guitar and look at the bottom. There will be a number on it that will tell you which nut it is and you can do a search for that nut and its parts. They are still made and quite common.

5. dimas4108

dimas4108 Member

do you have the link for that forum

6. halorealm7

halorealm7 Member

Its Washburn.com and click on forum. Looks like it down right now though. idk

7. dimas4108

dimas4108 Member

ya i went there and it wouldn't come up i'll try monday night thanks

8. franksguitar

franksguitar Member

I still have a KC40V I bought for my son years ago with Green figured finish