Washburn Steve Stevens SS100 Quilt Maple

Discussion in 'Guitars in General' started by yngwie308, Feb 26, 2009.

1. yngwie308

yngwie308 Member

I have been lucky enough to purchase this incredible Washburn 1993 Steve Stevens SS80 recently and it is an absolutely breathtakingly beautiful guitar.
    I am also fortunate enough to also own an Artists model spec 1993 Washburn Steve Stevens SS80 guitar I ordered very early on in 1993 from Washburn. This black SS80 was different than any other SS80 I had ever seen, except for the ones played by Steve. And that's because it was built for him! Just not delivered to him before he left Washburn.
    My new SS80 is a one off with a quilt maple cap and museum grade birdseye maple cap neck.
    It has a Gotoh Floyd Rose and the usual Seymour Duncan JB pickups.
    I have had to sell a lot of cool equipment to buy her, but it is worth it. This guitar was made for the owner of Washburn guitars and was never sold, put in the Washburn Museum all this time.:drool
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Thanks for watching!
    yngwie308

Last edited: Apr 4, 2009
  2. Jim S

Jim S Silver Supporting Member Supporting Member

I love Steve.

Got any bigger pics?

3. yngwie308

yngwie308 Member

Also from the owners private collection another amazing mega-rare one off guitar has become available, the famous Washburn Steve Stevens SS100 Barbarella guitar. This guitar was built to Steve's specifications, including a built in ray gun effect, with LED's that flash in speed to the ray gun effect. It also features stunning graphics based on the movie poster from the cult classic movie starring Jane Fonda. Unfortunately Steve parted ways with Washburn before being able to take delivery of this beauty. It is for sale, I am not selling it, but I know who is!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Many may know of the original spec SS100's which featured the Frankenstein 'glow in the dark' graphic, one of the only six ever officialy produced for sale by Washburn has also come on the market. These guitars are legendary and are ones you will never, ever see, let alone be available.
    Here is the movie poster on which the Barbarella guitar is quite cleverly based:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    yngwie308

4. yngwie308

yngwie308 Member

Maybe you need a bigger computer screen, like a "60 LOL
    yngwie308

5. yngwie308

yngwie308 Member

Here are some pics of my Washburn SS80 that I ordered from Washburn in 1993.
    Notice the unfinished headstock, the FAMOUS MONSTERS Washburn logo and it being in silhouette, alos the double adjustable truss rod. All these features denote the guitars built for Steve himself. He had the black one, smashed in the video "Have Your Cake and Eat It To" video by the Vince Neil Band in 1993. He had an unfinished one and his SS100 Frankenstein, which he still owns, I believe the only Washburn he still has.
    Apologies for the small size of these pictures::huh:rotflmao
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    yngwie308

6. yngwie308

yngwie308 Member

7. jazzandmetal?

jazzandmetal? Supporting Member

8. yngwie308

yngwie308 Member

Here is a very early SS100 Frankenstein, with a Funky Munky mascot:
    [​IMG]
    yngwie308

9. The Kent

The Kent Member

Great guitars! Jacksons signature for Phil Collen is probably the only one, which is equal !

10. yngwie308

yngwie308 Member

11. sgill72

sgill72 Supporting Member

nice collection. here's mine:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. yngwie308

yngwie308 Member

I must ad that the fantastic artwork of the Barbarella guitar is from the hands if master artist Jim O'Connor, who painted many a classic Charvel/Jackson, Hamers and many others.
    Jim is still painting and is an award winning artist.
    He really created a superb masterpiece with the Washburn SS100 Barbarella guitar!!
    yngwie308

13. Luke

Luke Senior Member

It is very cool, but they want $13,000 for it.

The Jackson Roswell that appeared in Robert Palmer's last video before his death and had a HARD time selling it for $3500 a few years back.

14. yngwie308

yngwie308 Member

Luke, with respect.. this guitar is so rare and beautifully painted, plus it has the ray gun electronics designed by SS..so it is also a work of art..
    The fact that it is in the Washburn Museum and who owns it currently is also a large factor in the price..
    When Gibson Jimmy Page Les Pauls are way in excess of what this one is going for.....:thud:thud
    Anybody know the whereabouts of this particular stunning Washburn SS100 also painted by the talented Jim O'Connor..the Famous Monsters, approved by Forrest Ackermann and signed by him...
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    yngwie308

15. Rdahmen

Rdahmen Member

is there a place you can get that ray gun effect?

16. Luke

Luke Senior Member

pcm-41

17. yngwie308

yngwie308 Member

That has a vintage ray gun electronics built in..
    yngwie308

18. Rdahmen

Rdahmen Member

19. LocustXReign

LocustXReign Member

I've forwarded the thread to Steve, but have not gotten a reply yet. I believe he's kinda wrapped up with work at the moment, but he's seen the love dudes! I had passover dinner with the dudes parents tonight lol.

-DB