Wasup with GFS strat pickups?

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by scroff, Apr 10, 2008.

1. scroff

scroff Member

Has anyone tried GFS strat pickups and if so, what was your opinion of them?

2. Wesman61

Wesman61 Supporting Member

I have a set of GFS Texas pups in My Strat. I really like them. I've had Duncans, Fralins, Van Zandts and Texas Specials and feel these hold their own.

3. ford

ford Supporting Member

I bought a set for my son's parts guitar I put together...(on a budget, ha).. I don't remember the set name, but they were the vintage ones.... sound very nice. For the money I think they are fantastic. I like the Duncan Alnico pro II's in my Hamer Daytona better, but a lot of that is probably just the guitar also.

bford

4. enocaster

enocaster Member

I've got a "Jimi" set in my Strat. They are lower than average output (which I like) and sound better than any non CS Fender pickup I've heard. I'd describe is mellow and midrangey, but still clear with no muddiness. If the prices were doubled I think they'd be the next big thing! Definitely a huge value.

5. ungarn

ungarn Member

Use the search function...lots of great bang for buck reviews...be sure to check ebay as sometimes new can be had for a few bucks cheaper than the GFS homepage...

6. CaseyI

CaseyI Member

a search wouldnt work as its only 3 letters long.

7. fendergeek

fendergeek Member

Try it like this.... "GFS"

8. phusana

phusana Member

:RoCkIn I have a set of Boston Blues Texas wound in my MIM strat. Sounds killer at a fraction of the price of the boutique brands. I can't see buying pups anywhere else.

9. Alter

Alter Member

i just bought a partcaster tele (warmoth/us custom guitars) with a bridge fat body that sounds divine

10. markdb

markdb Member

So use a Google search...

Typing "gfs site:www.thegearpage.net" into a Google search window will get you the results you want.

11. scroff

scroff Member

Thanks guys! The search advice was good, too 'cuz three-letter searches wasn't cutt'n it.